JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Fip 5 flex screen camera button doesn't work

(Topic created: 09-22-2023 10:13 AM)
Acer_DeVille
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

When I press the camera button on the flex screen, there is a "halo" effect come out from it, covering about half the screen it last about a second, then nothing. If I hold the button, it goes into "edit" mode.

I have searched the internet, no luck. I have checked the "Settings>cover screen> and found nothing. I then checked "Settings>camera>mode/cutout/access/app info", and all sub folders of those and just can not find a setting that would affect that button.

What am I missing? It's been like this since I got it, but it took me a couple of days to realize it was the camera and not just a placeholder icon (DUH big red truck, complete  I know, but I can't be perfect all the time).  What? The icon looks different from my Galaxy A52. Anyway, what do I do to fix this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Try these steps. With the phone off, press + hold power and volume up buttons until the Samsung logo disappears. Using volume keys, highlight Wipe cache partition, and then power to select and confirm on the following screen. Returning to the original menu, use volume to navigate to Repair apps, and power again to select. This will reindex all your apps. If this doesn't work, head to Settings>Apps>Camera>Storage>Clear data. Doing this will essentially reset the Camera app and you will lose all settings.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Try these steps. With the phone off, press + hold power and volume up buttons until the Samsung logo disappears. Using volume keys, highlight Wipe cache partition, and then power to select and confirm on the following screen. Returning to the original menu, use volume to navigate to Repair apps, and power again to select. This will reindex all your apps. If this doesn't work, head to Settings>Apps>Camera>Storage>Clear data. Doing this will essentially reset the Camera app and you will lose all settings.
Acer_DeVille
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Sorry it took me so long, been extremely busy. That worked, it's working you are a genuis.

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
That's great news! 😁
0 Likes
brobin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
To open the camera from the Flex Screen SWIPE it up rather just tapping it to open. This changed after a recent update.
Bruce Robin