JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Flip 4 pairs with android auto but won't connect

(Topic created: 08-23-2022 06:41 PM)
userKy7QTNdru5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I just got my flip 4 today and tried to connect it to my android auto. It will pair but not connect.  I know my car supports it. I had a note 20 ultra  and it worked beautifully.  I have wireless android auto. I even tried connecting it using an USB but still got the error. 

Help! I depend on maps. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TNTRMSKD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Known bug for people who used Smart Switch to transfer data from their old phone. I don't have the Reddit thread bookmarked, but the fix is simple. Clear the data and cache of Android Auto and Google Play Services.

You can do that by going to Apps>NameOfApp>Storage. There will be two buttons on the bottom, Clear Data and Clear Cache. Do both and reboot.

View solution in context

6 Replies
user6O8L8eZTDo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Mine won't even connect. I get to the first screen to pair the phone with the car, hit next, and Android Auto crashes.
0 Likes
TheGodFather67
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Had the same issues with my Z Fold 4, no issues with the Fold 3. Newest AA beta works. https://mobile.softpedia.com/apk/android-auto/8.0.6233/arm64/
0 Likes
Solution
TNTRMSKD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Known bug for people who used Smart Switch to transfer data from their old phone. I don't have the Reddit thread bookmarked, but the fix is simple. Clear the data and cache of Android Auto and Google Play Services.

You can do that by going to Apps>NameOfApp>Storage. There will be two buttons on the bottom, Clear Data and Clear Cache. Do both and reboot.
userKy7QTNdru5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Thank you!! I did use smart switch.
0 Likes
djmiller
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Just to let others know.  Clearing the data did not work for me.  It quit connecting about a week ago. It is not my cable as my old Galaxy 21 works fine.

0 Likes
Hanlin
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I wasted half a day to try connecting my Samsung Z flip 4 through Android auto to my Toyota Camry 2022It worked fine with my other Android phone.
Finally fix by changing the cable to an old one plus mobile phone cable. It show Android auto straight away when I plug in. So the problem is the cable, even it worked for another Android phone.