cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy Z Flip 5G Screen

Appears there is a pre installed screen protector on my Z Flip 5G.  See the ridges especially by the camera.   Is this removable? Or is this a permanent part of the screen?
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Galaxy Z Flip 5G Screen

https://www.slashgear.com/galaxy-z-flip-warranty-could-be-voided-by-a-screen-protector-09624187/

leave it be!

--

Show me some love with a ❤️
Let me know if this helped by ✅ "Accept as solution"
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I removed the screen protector on mine. Samsung just "recommends" you not remove it. If you're careful with the screen (don't try opening the phone by putting your thumb between the two parts of the phone for example) you shouldn't risk damaging the screen.

Just my opinion of course.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Have you noticed any bad affects by removing? Is it any less of a fingerprint magnet now?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

No, none at all. It's easy to remove too. I recommend the Samsung leather case covers for the phone though. You'll need to use some good double-sided tape because that cover was made to adhere to the original flip which had a smother outer surface.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Thanks for the info. I already have that cover. It stuck alright for a few weeks but after cleaning it some it wasn't so I did use some THIN double-sided tape. That was a great suggestion. I tried the see-through cover but it was almost impossible to hold onto because it was so slick and smooth. Went back to leather cover.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Another thing you might want to consider is the use of Tasker to help conserve the limited battery availability in the Z Flip.

I've written Tasker routines that detect when the phone is either folded or not and enable/disable battery saving mode (and in my case pause/resume my Adguard ad removal app). Keeps battery consumption to about 1%/hour when the phone is folded. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I'd be really interested in using that task. That is if you woulnd't mind sharing it with me? I'm not schooled in that so a brief explanation would help. Again, only if you don't mind sharing with me..

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

No problem. You'll need to get familiar with Tasker and purchase it in the Google App store. Let me know when you're ready and I'll put the 2 Tasker profiles and 2 tasks up on my Dropbox and send you a link. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I have the Tasker app already. I had used it a bit quite a while ago so I downloaded it already.

Thank you very much for you time and providing the profiles.