JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HBO Max broken on Flip 3

(Topic created: 09-05-2021 11:17 AM)
TNTRMSKD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

The HBO Max app doesn't log in (via provider) properly on the Z Flip 3. My credentials aren't the problem because they work everywhere else, even on other phones. The issue is when you sign in via provider, it accepts the login but the app never actually logs you in. So you have to enter it again, and it's just an endless cycle. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

@TNTRMSKD Same here. I recommend that you report it via the HBO Max app support email like I did. The email is listed in the Play store listing for the app. 

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

@TNTRMSKD Same here. I recommend that you report it via the HBO Max app support email like I did. The email is listed in the Play store listing for the app. 

TNTRMSKD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I notified HBO too but didn't get a response. I hope they're aware and working on it. I wonder if the Fold is having the same issue as well.
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

@TNTRMSKD I have the Z Fold 3 and the issue is definitely there also. 

user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I would contact HBO max
0 Likes
OutlawJoseyWales
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Same issue on the Fold 3.  Contacted HBO Max help desk and they didn't have a clue. Kept telling me to Uninstall and reinstall.  Definitely only an issue with the Flip and Fold as it worked on my Note 20 Ultra and every other device I own.  I found it works via a browser (chrome or Samsung) when the HBO App is Uninstalled and the browser is set to "desktop mode."  It's definitely and issue with the HBO App but they were to full of themselves to properly triage when I tried to talk to them.