Original topic:

How to use Google pay?

(Topic created: 10-31-2022 09:30 PM)
DimeK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

OMG I cannot find out how to use GPay, I'm used to Apple Pay and I'm not necessarily a fan on Samsung pay 😞

17 Replies
William_S22U
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
GPay is being phased out and replaced by Google Wallet.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Here in the USA we have both Google wallet and Google pay. Google pay is used for p2p payments and online payments and also has a current balance because you can store money there. Yes gpay was fazed out but it was replaced with Google pay . But the app looks like gpay
0 Likes
DimeK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
So is Google pay the same as gpay?
0 Likes
Solution
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
That's correct. Look for wallet not gpay. Gpay is a place to configure cards and make it usable online but it's not usable for paying at the store. Use the wallet. And if you are beta testing one ui5 / Android 13, there's a good chance that one or more of your banks will say that your phone does not have the proper security and it won't work and you have to use Samsung pay. That's what I've been going through lately.
DimeK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I don't have ui5 yet but for example if I'm making a purchase ih the McDonald's app it says Google pay not samsung unless I just don't have it set up?
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Right if you're making a payment through an app or online it will often offer you the opportunity to pay with Google pay or PayPal or a credit card etc. Samsung doesn't show up in websites and other apps. It's strictly for paying for things at the cash register. If you want to use Google pay, now known as gpa, had a cash register then you want to go get the wallet which has the same coloring and looks similar but it's not the same. As people have said here g pay itself is really about setting up your payments and making payments online or in other apps and the wallet is what you use at the store to tap a card machine. Really it's unnecessarily tedious and confusing to have two separate apps like that but that's the way they're doing it at the moment.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Not really I use Google pay also for contact less payments I have a cash balance account for Google payScreenshot_20221101_012701_GPay.jpgScreenshot_20221101_012742_GPay.jpg
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Google pay and Google wallet stop working for me while I was on the one ui 5 beta number 5th And I kept getting this message from Google How I gotta round it I went out and bought the watch 4. And then everything started working again come again once the Beta program gave me the official os Screenshot_20221101_064354_Photos.jpg
0 Likes
DimeK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I had no idea, thank you both!