JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is it odd I have 450 plus systems and app on my phone ?

(Topic created: 02-19-2023 09:28 PM)
tooltime2009
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Can someone please tell me something that I can understand about this. It seems just wrong when I didn't download them myself?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

@tooltime2009 Both Google and Samsung have been working toward breaking out independently updatable chunks of the OS and UI into standalone apps. This allows Google and Samsung to update those apps (code) without waiting for a major OS update and subsequent carrier testing. 

I don't think that the number you reported is high. I don't have a lot of apps installed and still the Play store reports more than 300. If you add in the ones in the Samsung store there are probably more than 500 apps in total. 

View solution in context

3 Replies
tooltime2009
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Also are all the overlays in app supposed to be there
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

@tooltime2009 Both Google and Samsung have been working toward breaking out independently updatable chunks of the OS and UI into standalone apps. This allows Google and Samsung to update those apps (code) without waiting for a major OS update and subsequent carrier testing. 

I don't think that the number you reported is high. I don't have a lot of apps installed and still the Play store reports more than 300. If you add in the ones in the Samsung store there are probably more than 500 apps in total. 

Nessa0475
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Me too
0 Likes