JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is it possible to scan our vaccine cards into our wallet?

(Topic created: 10-07-2021 12:56 PM)
drewgaren
Halo
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Anybody know a way we can scan our vaccine cards into our wallet. I used an app to do this on my iPhone 12 is there something similar to do this on Samsung Pay? The commonwealth app doesn't let you do this yet.

8 Replies
DanG92263
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I've wanted the same as you; however, because of HIPAA I don't think that we will be seeing it in Samsung Pass or Samsung Pay, or even Google Pay.

I have found that my health insurance app has it there, so check with health insurance.
0 Likes
drewgaren
Halo
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
It is not HIPPA related our vaccine cards do not contain enough information besides the vaccine we received, if it's locked in a secured wallet there should be no issue. My health insurance app does not contain anything to do with my covid vaccine pass because that was through my county.
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

@drewgaren  It is in Samsung Pay via the Common Health app. 

1. Open Samsung Pay
  2. Click the Home icon
  3. Click the COVID-19 Vaccine pass banner.
  4. It will take you through adding it to Common Health app. 
drewgaren
Halo
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Yes but you have to be able to add it through a healthcare system. It does not allow through a county. So I can't use my CDC vaccine pass in the app.
0 Likes
kyL397
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I didn't need to use a healthcare system. I have it loaded up on my S10+ via Samsung Pay by getting a smart health card from Excelsior Pass. Then I linked it to Common Health which then linked it to Samsung Pay.
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

@drewgaren I just have pictures of the card in Samsung Notes. 

drewgaren
Halo
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Currently what I have, just would like something more secure.
0 Likes