Original topic:

Mesh WiFi issues

(Topic created: 09-01-2021 02:46 PM)
efraimbart
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I seem to be having issues when switching from one node to another on Google's mesh WiFis, essentially the connection fails.
0 Likes
9 Replies
chaks
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Are you saying your Z Flip fails to connect to your WiFi network powered by Google Mesh?

I have Google WiFi with 3 nodes and so far have no issues with Z Flip3 and never had issues before with my Z Flip 5G as well.
0 Likes
efraimbart
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
It connects successfully, but then when switching from one node to another the connection goes dead. It works fine with the guest network, and with other phones, though I had similar issues with my Note 20 Ultra 5G originally until a later update fixed it.
0 Likes
chaks
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Can you tell me how you are switching from one node to another? May be I can try here with my Z Flip3 to see if it works.
0 Likes
efraimbart
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
By walking throughout my house, walk out of range of one and into range of the other.
0 Likes
chaks
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Hmm..I don't have any issues. If I had WiFi failing to connect by walking around my house, I will notice it immediately as cellular connection is not that great.

Do you have any other WiFi settings like secure WiFi or VPN enabled?
0 Likes
efraimbart
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
No. Have any changes here?Screenshot_20210901-204227_Home_52434.jpg
0 Likes
efraimbart
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Do you have any backup networks that the device might be automatically connecting to? Guess wifi perhaps?
0 Likes
chaks
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Nope. Just one WiFi network. If it fails, it will connect to cellular data.
0 Likes
efraimbart
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I think it had to do with the static IP address copied over from a previous device
0 Likes