JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Moisture detected while charging

(Topic created: 01-12-2023 02:01 PM)
userVbIP4jxBVy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
My phone started having an error while being charged. Message will pop up that moisture has been detected even though I've been careful with it. It started after the latest system update. Not sure what's going on.
2 Replies
NoctisCaelum
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Try this see if it would fix it. 

Reboot your device to recovery mode. Turn off device then turn it on while holding volume up button. Let go everything once it turns on or once you see the Samsung logo. from the android recovery highlight wipe cache partition using volume button and select it using power button. Once done highlight and select Repair apps if applicable if not go ahead and select reboot system now. 

If it didn't fix the issue try to go to your Settings > Apps > Hamburger icon or the one that looks like a tower signal icon next to the word " Your apps " then enable the System App/File then hit " Ok ". 

Find USBSettings or similar then select Storage > Clear data > Ok and then go back then force stop. Restart your device and try again to charge your phone see if you will get the error message. 

If still didn't fix it. Back up all your files and factory reset. If still persist go to a authorized repair by Samsung or you can call Samsung directly. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I know how frustrating this is. I've had it happen myself. I understand that you stated that there has been no contact with any type of liquid. However, I am including a couple of articles that would address this issue.

Check the liquid damage indicator on the phone

Moisture in water-resistant Samsung phone's charging port

I recommend trying a factory reset if the previous steps are not helpful. Perform a factory reset on your Galaxy phone

If you are still receiving the pop-up, I would recommend having the phone evaluated by a certified technician. You can find the nearest authorized service center using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ or contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html