Original topic:

My 4th broken Flip!

(Topic created: 10-25-2021 01:27 AM)
ReaperTek
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
First had dead pixels, only kept a bit.. last 3 now seems every few months they develop distortion and small cracks at the crease, eventually turns into delamination. I truly expected CS to step up and offer to swap me out after my 3rd failure. They mailed me a upgraded Thom edition, I'll give them that credit - except it did the same thing days ago and now it's just outside warranty. Management refuses to call me back... 2k phone that's 2 months old is apparently not worth they're time.
8 Replies
AlanS1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Which Flip? and what is "Thom edition?" Sorry, I'm new to this and seriously concerned as I'm reading posts like this while 12 days into my 14-day return period. I bought the Flip3 5G 256G for $999, so am doubly confused as it was the most expensive one at $999 (before additional $300 credit for a trade-in that I've yet to ship) as you refer to your "2k phone" ... Please clarify, I've got to either return my new Flip3 or ship them my trade-in, and posts like this really concern me. Thanks!

0 Likes
LenaCheney
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I have seen on YouTube alot of zflip3 are cracking at the crease too. I wanted the zflip 3 but after hearing about the 3 hour battery and the cracking I'm staying with my s21
0 Likes
ReaperTek
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Mine is first gen, after a dozen Samsung purchases I decided to dive deep and was an early adopter. Was a big mistake, the Thom Browne edition exists across the various flip versions and is as limited as it is expensive. Original msrp was $2499 but included a watch and buds I believe. New thom edition 1st gens are valued at approx 2K and have been sold out for some time. Im sure your Flip3 is far superior, although I've already seen reports of the same "crease crack" issue. My issue is the absolutely horrid customer service, or complete lack thereof.
ReaperTek
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Like I said.. multiple times on my replacements. 20211021_072243_5790.jpg20211021_192108_5793.jpgScreenshot_20211025-010012_Facebook_5828.jpg
0 Likes
AlanS1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Thanks for the reply, very helpful but terrible! So, I'm still on the fence but leaning toward keeping my 3. Would like to get a feel for the frequency of this type of issue with the 3. It's a cool feature but certainly not worth it if cracking is inevitable.

0 Likes
EyeAmTJ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Flip/fold phones should've stayed dead in the pass
0 Likes
Euie
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Have you contacted Samsung directly. I'm on my 5th S20FE from AT&T. Warranty is up in 2 months. The supervisor said he could only send me another phone, but if I still had issues to ca Samsung directly. May be time for an iPhone. ugh! 😒
0 Likes
ReaperTek
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Yes I purchased it directly from Samsung. No carrier
0 Likes