JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My bluetooth headphones are connected but there is no audio

(Topic created: 09-23-2022 05:48 AM)
Jimu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I purchased a Galaxy Flip 4 two weeks ago. Until today my Bluetooth devices had no issues streaming audio services, e.g., Amazon Music. However, after connecting my Bluetooth headphones today (the device is paired), I heard the audio on the phone but not the headphones. To ensure that this issue was with the phone, I attempted to connect with other Bluetooth devices. The result was the same.

I restarted the Bluetooth and the phone several times, but theseactions had no effect. In addition, I tried disabling the Bluetooth A2DP hardware, but this also had no effect. 

Has anyone had a similar issue? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

7 Replies
5GKiller
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Did you un-pair them and then re-pair them?
0 Likes
Jimu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Yes, I tried doing that also.

0 Likes
KFT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I have this problem with my Bluetooth except mine is not working with my car, the sound comes from my phone. I have a Galaxy Flip 3. I've paired and unpaired. It worked fine until a few days ago.
EssPee
flex68
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I have a problem with my Bluetooth it was working fine in my car but it just not working at all to connect to my car just not coming up
0 Likes
Jimu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

It appears to affect two Apps, Amazon Music and YT Music. Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
EricWV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I have the same issue
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Hello, We understand how frustrating it is when you are unable to listen to content through connected Bluetooth devices. There are some troubleshooting steps you can take that may help. 

1. Make sure the Media Volume is turned up.

A. Press the volume-up button on the side of your device. This should immediately raise the volume of your Bluetooth headphones.

B. Alternatively, you can go to Settings > Sound and Vibration, then move the slider for Media Volume to the right to turn up the sound.

2. Enable Media Audio

1. With your Bluetooth headphones connected, go to Settings, and tap Bluetooth.

2. Select your Bluetooth headphones from the list.

3. On the next screen, make sure that Media Audio is On.

3. Disable Nearby Device Scanning

1. Go to Settings, and click ‘Location’. 

2.  Turn the Location setting ON. Select Location Services.  Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Scanning options should appear. 

3. Hit the toggle to turn off the Bluetooth scanning feature.

4. Reset Network settings

1. On your smartphone, open the Settings app.

2.  In the search bar, type “Reset” or “Network”. Hit search. Then, on the results, find the entry that says “Reset Network settings”. Note that the exact phrase or methods to get to it could vary from phone to phone.

3. Click the Reset button and confirm.

5. Test the Bluetooth connection while in Safe Mode. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/ 

6. If all other troubleshooting fails, you can do a factory reset to correct software errors. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/ 

If you are still getting no audio when connected to Bluetooth devices, it is recommended to have the phone evaluated at an authorized service location. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location  or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.