Original topic:

My contacts stop on the letter "L" and can't see the rest of my contacts?

(Topic created: 02-07-2022 12:18 PM)
d1stnoel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Why does my contacts stop on the letter "L"? Can't recover or see the rest of my contacts.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I am very sorry to hear of your Contacts app not letting you scroll past "L", and can understand the frustration and inconvenience this can cause. If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identify and remove the app that may be causing the problem. Give this guide a look: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/ 

Additionally, you can clear your device's cache partition, which can help smooth out device behavior. The steps are:

• Ensure the device is powered off. If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
• Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Home button.
• While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button until 'RECOVERY BOOTING' appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
• Select wipe cache partition. Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
• Select reboot system now. Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

If the app itself is not to blame, then it is possible they may have been deleted or removed somehow. You can check if you remember some contacts by searching for them (tap the magnifying glass icon, then type what you wish to search). If they have been deleted, do not clear your device's cache, find wherever you may have backed up your contacts to (i.e. SIM card, OneDrive, Google Drive, or other storage means), and restore them. 

Please let me know if this helps.

d1stnoel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Thanks
0 Likes