cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

My disappointments after 24 hours with the Galaxy Z Flip

I pre-ordered my Galaxy Z Flip Wednesay afternoon, and, much to my surprise, I received it the very next day. I had it for just over 24 hours now, and there are a couple of things that bug me a bit.

1. The Galaxy Z Flip won't charge when sitting in my wireless car charging dock. The wireless charging coil is in the bottom half of the phone. This means that the wireless charging coil in the phone doesn't come anywhere close to lining up with the wireless charging coil in my dock. Even if I put the little foot at the bottom of the charger all the way up, the alignment is still way off.

2. The foldable glass screen has a noticeable crease in the middle. It's easily detectible when I run my finger over the middle part of the screen, but that doesn't really bother me at all. What bothers me is the glare caused by the crease when indoor or outdoor light hits the crease at just the right angle. I've foudn that I sometimes have to adjust how I'm holding my phone to make the glare go away.

3.  Even though Good Lock does has been updated to be compatible with Android 10, it doesn't appear to be fully compatible with the Galaxy Z Flip yet. Good Lock, and the individual modules, don't appear in the Galaxy Store when I search for them. I tried sideloading Good Lock, along with Task Changer, but it's not working right. Good Lock loads up, I see the Good Lock splash screen, but when I get to where the modules should be listed, Task Changer Doesn't appear.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: My disappointments after 24 hours with the Galaxy Z Flip

Bro go to iPhone too much crying here ....

Highlighted
Asteroid

An iPhone? Eww, no. My problems are with the device itself, not the OS. If I wanted a mundane, boring device without any personality, I'd go with an iPhone. But I like being able to personalize my device based on what I like, so Android is the clear choice for me.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Samsung is improving over time it's a learning curve for them but you can't deny the fact this is a new innovation with foldable glass woOoO!

Highlighted
Comet

The Galaxy Z Flip is still new technology. For any company implementing new tech into their hardware, most cases usually take the second or third-gen release to improve on what the first-Gen lacked. The similar case can be said for the first-gen Galaxy Fold. Expect the kinks to be ironed out in later releases.