JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No way to Redeem Ear Bud offer

(Topic created: 12-09-2021 10:21 AM)
Jaws3dfan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I have been an Apple person since the first iPhone came out but I was intrigued by the new Galaxy Z Flip Phone so I gave up on the Iphone and went to my local Spectrum store and bought the  Galaxy Z Flip Phone. There was a sign right beside the display for the phone that said "Free Ear Buds with Purchase" when I asked the sales rep about it he said go to the Samsung site and they will help you. I was told by Samsung to download the "Shop Samsung" app and follow the instructions, when I did it told me my phone wasn't eligible so I reached out to Samsung customer care and they told me I needed to get the ear buds from Spectrum so I called Spectrum Customer Care and they said only Samsung can give me the Ear Buds.

Has anyone else had this issue? I find it hard to believe a company the size of Samsung would intentionally scam new customers like this. My wife wants to buy this phone also but I am holding off until I get this issue Resolved.

0 Likes
5 Replies
StimmyPizza
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
If you buy the phone from Samsungs website or the Shop Samsung app they send you the ear buds along with the phone as long as you select the promo during checkout. As for this your best vet would be just to contact samsung until you get a rep that will send them tbh. You can try going onto their site rather than the app and their may be an option for it, I've noticed the site sometimes has things shown that the app doesn't for whatever reason.

Also, I've got the Galaxy Beans and they've got good sound quality but are uncomfortable and awkward for me, and ive heard the new Buds Pros kinda suck so you aren't missing alot lol
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

@Jaws3dfan Since you saw the sign in the Spectrum store, I would bet that it is a Spectrum promotion. I would take a picture of the sign with the fine print and badger Spectrum to honor the promotion. 

On the Samsung site and app, if you buy the Z Flip 3 the free earbuds are part of the purchase. Not something that you apply for later.  

Solution
Jaws3dfan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Good Idea, I already planned to go back to the store after work today. I will take the picture and go from there. Thank you.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I chased down the details of the Spectrum offer. https://www.spectrum.com/mobile/products/phones/detail.html?productName=galaxy-z-flip3-5g-samsung&co...

It links to a Samsung page https://promos.samsung.com/terms/ which includes the statement "GIFT DETAILS: Upon verification of the Offer Claim Form and Qualifying Purchase (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion)". In other words, Spectrum must verify the purchase so that you can qualify for the promotion. 

EricaNottke
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Make sure you're getting Samsung Buds with that offer...didn't have time to check the links one member was kind enough to post. I hear the Pros are not the best and my husband got the buds+ which I really think we're a rushed release to compete because they're no longer supported and super buggy. I have the original buds and have never had a single problem. I wouldn't upgrade to any others at this point but if they're free I'd check them out but wouldn't change out on the fly.....🤷‍:female_sign:
0 Likes