JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Not getting OTA updates

(Topic created: 03-16-2023 01:18 PM)
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I have a z flip 4 SM-F721U/DS and have not received a single OTA update since purchase of the phone. I went to a authorized repair shop and had the phone flashed from 4.1 to 5.0 however I'm still on the November patch with no signs of a update. SamMobile shows that I should be on a march 2023 patch of 5.1, anyone know how to fix this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

@usergCaYHVlqwJ "And if your device is considered an unlocked unit that has no carrier you're going to have to manually do those updates with a PC"

That is just not true. I have unlocked devices for several years and use them on AT&T service. The devices get the unlocked firmware updates through the AT&T update servers. The same is true when using an unlocked device with every US carrier. 

View solution in context

5 Replies
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Has to be on Wi-Fi to get the update
0 Likes
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Rather I'm on wifi or data, nothing changes
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
On Wi-Fi you have to go to your settings and it says system update you have to click on it
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
And if your device is considered an unlocked unit that has no carrier you're going to have to manually do those updates with a PC
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

@usergCaYHVlqwJ "And if your device is considered an unlocked unit that has no carrier you're going to have to manually do those updates with a PC"

That is just not true. I have unlocked devices for several years and use them on AT&T service. The devices get the unlocked firmware updates through the AT&T update servers. The same is true when using an unlocked device with every US carrier.