Original topic:

Notification and alarm sounds keep resetting to default?

(Topic created: 09-05-2022 08:28 AM)
Tankard
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Made one new alarm and now six od them have the same sound to it. Whats up with this? Fully up to date

I have every sound on my phone set to different notifications, different alarms, and different ringtones so I can tell what things are important, what time it is, what I can ignore at work, etc. Just by the sound that comes out of my phone. 

Lately random alarms have been changing to different alarm sounds (usually to match the alarm right before that one which is odd), and my notifications go back to what I have set as the default which has caused me to miss important time sensitive messages because it all sounds like the default (The ones that are changed are important, anything left unchanged can be ignored).

Ive even missed a meeting, because the alarm sound it switched to was something quiet that is usually reserved for cleaning up at work (so it doesnt startle our customers), and the text tone that went off when someone messaged me about it is the one I use for unimportant app updates, rather than the urgent one I had set for text messages from coworkers. 

Ive had to fix this several times over the last couple months, because they keep changing without my knowledge, and its making the phone incredibly frustrating to use on the daily. No one else touches my phone, its doing this on its own. 

Whats going on? Why is this happening? I had no problem with this the other 8 months ive had the phone. Have the recent updates been messing this up? I cant keep changing everything back to how I had it whenever Samsung forces an update, but at least if I know for certain thats what the issue is, I can make sure everything works the way it should. 
I have a Z Flip 3. Please help. 

8 Replies
Tankard
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Hey this is still happening even with the new updates, any solutions?
K87
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Here are the directions, good luck 25572_101611_1666642044.jpg
0 Likes
K87
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I have an s10e and it's been happening to me for like 2 months-ish. Also, my keyboard will change from SwiftKey (my preference) to the Samsung one, and I have Verizon so I use Verizon messages+ as my default texting app, but it changes it to the pre-installed one from Samsung and I won't receive messages until I realize it.
They always happen together, all 3, and it's random. I don't know what's going on, but my guess is a Samsung update is most likely responsible. Things tend to act wonky after updates, I just can't recall if we received one around the time it began. Good luck and sorry I can't help, but ur not alone lol. Stay safe
Tankard
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I appreciate the response! Im glad to know im not the only one experiencing this. I think for me it was a security update that caused the alarms to mess up with mine. Or at least we had one not soon before this became an issue.

Its also duplicating alarms and sounds, and ive had an entire album of photos just vanish and become unrecoverable for some reason. Fingers crossed whatever is going on gets fixed soon!

You too, stay safe!
K87
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
My problem is apparently getting worse and spreading from the original 3. Deleting voice mails that I have had saved for close to a year because it was from a friend who died, but also new ones. It got rid of my Playlists which were really just the songs I played the most often and deleted music from my Verizon cloud which I don't even understand how unless it deleted it from my SD card first and that impacted the backup :exclamation_question_mark: Also, random pictures, mainly my favorite ones, are gone as well as a few pdf's that I needed. Samsung was useless and gave me ridiculously simple instructions to clear the app partition (apparently that may be the solution), but I couldn't figure out how to do it. I apparently have trouble with holding my power and volume up button at the same time and knowing when to stop, I did try like 12 times and I don't know if it's my phone or me. I have them, I think, if u want me to send them to u, may work?
I just realized it's deleting comments on this app that I have made and now they are gone including the question I was sending it about to begin with.
0 Likes
Tankard
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Not sure where your comment went but yes its still happening. Ive had to keep changing my alarms for the last 3 days at least, to properly reflect what they should and are supposed to be. 😞
0 Likes
K87
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Here's the directions, good luck 25572_101611_1666642044.jpg
0 Likes
K87
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Sorry, I accidentally sent them twice