Original topic:

My phone won't update to new software?

(Topic created: 03-06-2023 06:04 PM)
Taalbollywood
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Hello, everyone 

My phone is cracked and it won't update to the new software? But the phone does work. Does any one know how to fix this? Please! Help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello, I recommend following these steps to update your phone: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077582/ 

If this does not work, and you still can't get it updated.  You can as mentioned by @neilth reach out to your carrier directly to see what options are available. They can also confirm if your device is completely up to date based on what model you have. 

If you've tried going through the carrier, and that was of no help, It's possible your device may need a reflash. I would recommend reaching out to a local Samsung experience shop or UbreakiFix, you also have the option to call 1-800-726-7864 to see about getting service set up for your device. 

(Please know if you have to do the reflash, and call in for the service. Once the device is shipped in, due to you having the broken screen, they will probably request that the screen be fixed prior to updating the device. As physical damage can be the cause of many, many, symptoms with your device not working or functioning like normal.) 

View solution in context

8 Replies
darkman99
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have the s20 and I have not got no update
0 Likes
Taalbollywood
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Is your cell phone Crack like me?
0 Likes
darkman99
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yup
0 Likes
dev_reboot
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Trying clearing cache and data after backing up then clear cache partition
0 Likes
Taalbollywood
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
How do I do that?
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello, I recommend following these steps to update your phone: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077582/ 

If this does not work, and you still can't get it updated.  You can as mentioned by @neilth reach out to your carrier directly to see what options are available. They can also confirm if your device is completely up to date based on what model you have. 

If you've tried going through the carrier, and that was of no help, It's possible your device may need a reflash. I would recommend reaching out to a local Samsung experience shop or UbreakiFix, you also have the option to call 1-800-726-7864 to see about getting service set up for your device. 

(Please know if you have to do the reflash, and call in for the service. Once the device is shipped in, due to you having the broken screen, they will probably request that the screen be fixed prior to updating the device. As physical damage can be the cause of many, many, symptoms with your device not working or functioning like normal.) 

neilth
Sun
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Take your phone to your cellular provider and ask them to update your phone. They are responsible for keeping your phone up to date.
0 Likes
Taalbollywood
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Will my cell phone the screen is cracked and it won't updated but it does work. Ok.
0 Likes