JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone overheating when using android auto?

(Topic created: 08-28-2021 07:09 AM)
GigigiU
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Hello. I have been using the new z flip 3 for a few days now and have experienced overheating of phone here and there but wasnt a huge issue. However whenever I connect it to android auto in my car, the phone gets extremely hot to the point where I think phone might explode. I have placed the phone near vent so it can cool down avoiding direct sunlight but doesnt really help. It is my first time using android system so I was wondering, is it the phone itself or android auto? Please share your experience with me if yours get extremely overheated from charging or using car play. Thanks in advanced! 
9 Replies
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I understand how concerning this issue can be. Have you made sure that your phone is up to date? Does your phone still get hot if you connect your phone to another device?

0 Likes
GigigiU
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
It still gets warm when it is being charged but I can still use it and hold it in my hand. But if I am connected to my car, it gets extremely hot to the point i cant hold it
GigigiU
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I dont have any other android device so I cant compare but when I used car play with iphone this never happened despite the weather
0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I would recommend that follow the steps in this article here (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00076952/) If this doesn't resolve your issue you will need to log this issue into our Samsung Members app. 

RacerWife7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

My Z Flip 3 heats up while using Android Auto, as well.  

GigigiU
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Mine got a little better since I posted this but cover display area is where it is heated the most for me 🥲
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Thank you for reaching out. It is most likely overheating because due to other apps and GPS services running in the background when connected to Android Auto. If you are charging your phone wirelessly due to Android auto being a resource-intensive app it could cause your device to overheat. Another thing that could cause your device to overheat while using a USB-C cable and running a resource-intensive app is the temperature in the car. I would also recommend keeping the device out of direct sunlight while the Android auto app is in use. Also, make sure to keep the background apps closed and optimize your device. Another step would be to clear the cache on your Android auto app. If you continue to experience these symptoms, I would recommend reaching out to the Android auto developers for further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Thank you for reaching out. Are you connecting your phone via USB-C cable or via Bluetooth connection?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
GigigiU
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I am using USB-C to connect