Original topic:

Quick Access Panel Bloated and Task Changer/Home Screen behavior removed

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 07:10 PM)
Evergreen55
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I waited until January to update my phone to OneUI 6 and I wish I had put it off longer with all the frustrating changes. 

1. Quick access panel, when expanded has shrunk the Quick icons into a spot that is too high to reach most icons one-handed now and ruins the layout I used before. The screen brightness adjustment is now in the primary touch area. And we are unable to change what shows on the expanded access menu re: brightness adjustment, smart view button, and device control button. 
These are three things I NEVER use in expanded Quick access and now they are in the way and can't be moved. The brightness area is too large and should be shrunken to half its height. We should be able to change location of smart view or device control AND remove them from this menu entirely, and increase the area of the screen out usual quick buttons took up before! 

2. Task changer / Home Up - previously you could click on the blank space when you were changing apps and it'd take you to the home screen. Now it only takes you to the last app. It's irritating because 1. The swipe up to the home screen from an app requires more/higher touch screen motion than accessing task changer does and 2. If you are already in task changer it's quicker to click blank space to go home than to do the stupid swipe too far up motion. 

6 Replies
Richforever
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
The only way to make that smaller is by using the developers mode.. increase the width.. but caution, do not go over 600... the more you icrease, the more it turns to a tablet form with smaller features1706498779780.jpg
0 Likes
Richforever
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Look, features get smaller as you increase1706498971516.jpg
Richforever
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Hope that helps
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I put it up to 390 1706508353996.jpg
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
For #2, I can still tap on any blank space in the recents menu to return to the homescreen (I'm assuming that's what you meant, apologies if I misunderstood). I'm on OneUI 6 on an S22 Ultra
0 Likes
Members_aS8AE0U
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I'm having an issue on my s24 that when i swipe to open the quick panel (expanded or collapsed) my screen just seems to get brighter for no reason

0 Likes