JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Separate app notification sound

(Topic created: 09-21-2022 06:32 AM)
brilliantidea
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I think there should be a way to be able to change the text message notification sound on the app to set aside a different sound than all the other notifications that come in currently there is not a way to do that except on the contact itself which does not change the notification sound for all incoming text messages. This would be a huge time saver being able to look at my phone and know which notification is a text and which isn't which is a huge waste of time looking at the phone when it's just another email a non text message. Please for the love of God add this feature to the phone. It would be a god send. 

4 Replies
Solution
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
You can change it for an app.

It's a sorta hidden feature

Example:
Open Settings app

Tap Apps

Tap on chat app (I'm using Google Messages in this example)

Tap Notifications

Tap Notification Categories

I'll use Incoming Messages category as an example ...

Tap on its LEFT SIDE as shown with circle on screenshot

Now, you're at the Details screen for Incoming Messages.... change the sound and any other option you want ... see other screenshot.
.Screenshot_20220921-080204_Settings_1000000054_1663765402.jpgScreenshot_20220921-080535_Settings_1000000055_1663765557.jpg
brilliantidea
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Thank you so much this is very very helpful. I couldnt find this for the life of me
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
glad you found it helpful

I have NO idea why they don't make the left tap more obvious.

I found that feature purely by accident when I mistakenly tapped on the left side to toggle an option 😁
DEBBIE69
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Why am I still seeing numbers that I have blocked and yet they are still texting me and calling me someone is sending email addresses in messages how can I block these people's....Help me
0 Likes