Original topic:

Sms msg no notification

(Topic created: 11-25-2023 03:55 PM)
dte230
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Weird but I've got a flip five and I cannot get the Samsung messaging app to send a notification when I get an SMS. All other notifications worked I've gone in and made sure that it's allowed to give me notifications I've gone into settings and even went back to my flip four. I know there's a secret switch somewhere can someone help thank you
10 Replies
xXBrosarioXx
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Try clearing the cache via storage < apps < (select the messages app) < storage, then clear cache. If this doesn't work, try the Google messages app. Although I have the s22 ultra, I had a similar issue with the Samsung messaging app. Try it, and let me know!
0 Likes
dte230
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Thanks, I was using the Google text and it worked fine and when I switched it back to Samsung it just stopped so I'll go back to the Google app thanks very much for the help
xXBrosarioXx
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Of course 🫠, I'm glad I could help!
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Try going into your settings / apps / messages.
1. Confirm that you it has Notification permission.
2. Set Messages as the default messaging app. Screenshot_20231125_212937_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20231125_212944_Permission controller.jpg
0 Likes
dte230
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I've done that so many times my eyes are rolling back in my head😅 thanks I think I'm just going to go back to the Google SMS because the Samsung doesn't seem to be working on the flip and the Google does give a notification. Thanks
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Have you tried uninstalling Google messaging to see if you'll receive notifications on the default app?
Also, you don't get any notifications at all, or just specific notifications (such pop-up notifications)?
0 Likes
dte230
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
The Samsung default app is the one that won't give a notification. I've been using the Google SMS and it's always worked fine and giving a notification and change to the Samsung SMS and went and changed all the settings to make sure it was the the core text app but I'll be down if I can get a noise out of it
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I would still try to uninstall the third party messaging apps, and see if the default app notification works. It's worth a shot. If you don't want to uninstall them, at least put them to "deep sleep" first and see if that works.
dte230
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
God idea, will try
0 Likes