cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Speakers suddenly dropping in volume even on max; Found a solution, but hope it gets fixed.

I have the Flip 2 and love it so far, but have run across a weird bug. I can't figure out when it happens, seems like it's pretty random as of now, but it does happen frequently.

Out of nowhere the volume dips in loudness. It almost feels like I'm listening to my own audio through someone's webcam. Even at max volume I can barely make out what's playing on my screen.

I somehow found that clicking on my volume key, expanding the window to show the full volume control menu, clicking "Live Caption" on, then clicking it off restores the speaker volume to normal.

Not sure why this works and what's causing this bug. Any help would be appreciated, and hopefully Samsung can fix the issue quickly. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Speakers suddenly dropping in volume even on max; Found a solution, but hope it gets fixed.

Hi, 

I'm experiencing similar problems with my S20+

when iam on video calls or if I put a 3g call on loudspeaker, after a few minutes or in some calls less than a minute, it automatically drops to in volume, I can still see the loudspeaker on, but the call volume drops. I need to either turn off loudspeaker or video function, wait for a few seconds for it to normalise and turn it back on. I've tried all the steps mentioned, removed casing, screen protector and still the same, I hope samsung/members can address this problem and give us a perm solution!