Original topic:

Spotify does not show music playing or shows wrong track at times when connected to Android Auto

(Topic created: 02-15-2024 11:19 AM)
Claptions
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

My phone works fine. I've never had any issues with anything except for my Android Auto in my car. 

I use Spotify (obviously) to play music and when I plug in my phone to the car, there are tines where it won't show the music playing or it shows the wrong track playing. It's not spotity bugging, because unplugging and closing ALL apps then plugging it back i doesn't resolve the issue. I have to restart my phone and that's the only way I've noticed I can fix it. 

I can, maybe, try clearing the cache of the app next time it happens, but I can't guarantee that'll fix it. It's not an overly bothersome bug, just inconvenient as I have OCD and want to both see my music playing and be able to use my cars touch screen to switch between my songs. 
7 Replies
Ashuro
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
What is that pfp 😆
Claptions
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
👀
Ashuro
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Ok All seriousness its probably a delay or bluetooth isn't fully connected to your car and as a result didn't load in the music completely of the music you are playing
0 Likes
Claptions
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I don't think it's the BT because when I DC Android Auto my BT immediately picks up the song without any delay. It's only Android Auto that does it
Ashuro
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Is your android auto on your phone and the car app updated and also does your car have a system update?
Claptions
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I'm sure on my phone it is. I'll have to check my car when I get off work for the app of the car and the car system itself
Ashuro
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Ok
0 Likes