Original topic:

System UI Battery Drain

(Topic created: 09-02-2022 09:04 AM)
SamsungUser495
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I got my Z Flip 4 last week and System UI has consistently been one of the top battery drainers, even when I'm actively using the phone. It'll move down the list a little if I'm using a bunch of different apps, but even then it's still in the top 5. Is this a bug or is Android 12's System UI just really battery inefficient? 

5 Replies
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Considering all apps communicate with System UI, it stands to reason S-UI will hover in the top %

Even when you're not doing anything and the Home screen is displayed, S-UI is working.
SamsungUser495
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I mean that makes sense but did they just consolidate everything to that one "app" in the Android 12 update? Cause I don't remember ever seeing that in previous versions
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
System UI is not really an app, per se, but a core component of the operating system.

If you go to Settings > Apps, you'll not see it listed... but if you enable "Show System Apps", it'll be listed

You'll also notice you can't turn off Notifications for it or change Permissions, and there's no "Show in the app store" entry
0 Likes
SamsungUser495
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Yeah I put it in quotes because that's how it's represented in the device manager but it's really just a consolidation of a bunch of other functions
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
You should consider :

Reboot to Maintenance screen

Select Clear Cache Partition

Select Repair Apps option

... it'll boot back ... give it 2- 4 mins for it to finish
0 Likes