JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

T-moble won't unlock my flip 3

(Topic created: 02-09-2022 03:04 PM)
Kvill
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

We have been with tmobile since before it was tmoble.  20+ years and the phone is fully paid off.   I'm trying to get my flip 3 unlocked.  First they said it would be 3 days.   Then I called back 2 days later to check on the status.   They had no record of my request.  Then they told me Samsung had to unlock it.  Which is BS. Then went into the tmoble store for help.   We were hung up on multiple times and it took us an hour and half to put this issue on an escalated status.  They couldn't give me any tickets or codes and said it would be another 3 days. I called Samsung to get more information on how to press this issue with tmoble.  Samsung gave me a code to verify network status with tmoble.  I called back again to make sure there was a record of my request and to give tmoble the code from Samsung since tmoble is having problems.   Tmobile said they didn't need it and to wait 3 more days.   I have been 5 days with out a working phone.  Is there anything I can do?  My phone is 100% paid for since the day I bought it.  This seems very wrong that Tmobile can do this.   What can I do?  Update:  days later I'm still having this problem.   Both companies are blaming each other as a consumer what can I do to get my phone working again?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Eyayo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I had similar issue on my s21 ultra. T mobile refused to unlock it saying I should contact Samsung and while Samsung said I should contact tmobile
0 Likes
Kvill
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Did you ever get it unlocked? What did you do?
0 Likes
Eyayo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
No, I was unable to unlock it
0 Likes
user9swOqvnvB9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Did you order the phone from Samsung or Tmobile?
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I am very sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with T-Mobile on unlocking your Flip 3, and can understand the frustration. Since the carrier is the only entity capable of unlocking your device, you would have to continue going through them to resolve. I apologize for the inconvenience.