JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Trying to move photos from gallery but it's only copying them

(Topic created: 09-12-2021 06:31 PM)
mookie250
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

When I try to move photos from my gallery to an album it does not move them, it copies them. I don't want them in my gallery after I move them

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
As stated it does still work. When "pictures " is selected it shows all pictures on the phone, regardless what folder they are in. When you select "albums " it shows which album the photos are within. If you move one photo to another album it will be assigned to the new album. It still will show however when you click the pictures tab as all photos on the phone will. You can test this by creating a new album and putting one photo in it. Then move it to a album that's already been created . Once you do that you will notice the new album you created has disappeared and the photo has been move to the new album you assigned it to.

View solution in context

3 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

@mookie250 In the Gallery, all the pictures will be shown when the "Pictures" tab is selected. It shows them regardless of which albums they are in. 

0 Likes
mookie250
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
That makes sense, but why is there an option to move to album, and an option to copy to album? When I first got this phone it was working properly and moving them to an album
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
As stated it does still work. When "pictures " is selected it shows all pictures on the phone, regardless what folder they are in. When you select "albums " it shows which album the photos are within. If you move one photo to another album it will be assigned to the new album. It still will show however when you click the pictures tab as all photos on the phone will. You can test this by creating a new album and putting one photo in it. Then move it to a album that's already been created . Once you do that you will notice the new album you created has disappeared and the photo has been move to the new album you assigned it to.