JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to send or receive calls and text

(Topic created: 07-16-2022 12:27 PM)
userKNUZ7tSXMX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

My phone was working perfectly until the software update on Wednesday,  7/13/22.

I no longer am able to receive calls from contact (goes straight to voicemail, with no notification of ever receiving call in phone recent calls)or send SMS messages and when I attempted respond to send SMS messages I get this error messages (Free Msg: Unable to send message - Message Blocking is active).

I am able to send calls  and receive SMS only! I need my phone for personal and business usage.

Can I get some feedback.  Thanks!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Hello, We understand how frustrating it is to not be able to use your mobile services, such as calls, text, and data, when you want to.  Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to get the phone working again for those calls. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001613/ 

For concerns with text messaging, you can try these steps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001439/.

If the troubleshooting is not helpful, you will need to follow up with your service provider for additional troubleshooting steps, as they are responsible for these services. 

View solution in context

14 Replies
The Burg
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
You'll need to tell us what phone model you have and who your carrier is first.
0 Likes
userbpXULfTtce
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
This is a well known issue after the June/July update on most galaxy devices. Why are you pretending to not know about it?
userbpXULfTtce
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
It's a known issue affecting many users. The only thing you can do now is to change network mode to 3g/2g. Terrible, but works for now. Also, complain to BBB and FTC. Samsung needs to acknowledge and pay for the damage it caused to people with this update.
Leatza
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Thank u, this helped. I was able to send a text!
userbpXULfTtce
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I am glad this worked for you. But network speed will be terrible unfortunately. Hopefully there will be an actual fix soon.
0 Likes
Rajeshnit2k2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Thank you, you saved my day.
But how did you know that. I had chat with samsung support and after 1 hour he said the phone needs to checked physically
userbpXULfTtce
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I am glad it helped you. I just found it through trial and error. I have found Samsung support to be a joke unfortunately.
The Burg
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
My S21+, on Verizon, had received all these updates and it works absolutely perfectly. Zero issues whatsoever. I have June Samsung update, June Play System update, and I just loaded up Nova Launcher 8 Beta. Is every single Samsung model ever made affected by this issue? No. So why don't you tell us what you have and maybe somebody has a fix for that specific model.
0 Likes
userbpXULfTtce
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Seems like S21, S22 unlocked versions have this issue. Locked phones might not have it since the update process is a bit different for those.
0 Likes