JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Warranty service for pixelated area of screen

(Topic created: 01-14-2022 09:56 AM)
MUV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Bought a ZFlip 3 in September 2021 (my first Samsung device). Got a good deal I thought with trade in was just under $900, which is more than twice what I have EVER paid for a phone. Yesterday I noticed a small pixilated area on the screen. Made an appt with repair (through Samsung support) in my town for today at 11am. They called an hour before to say they can't do this model and referred me to a place 45 minutes away. Called them, and they said they have no parts or replacements, so I should call Samsung directly. Two techs, one disconnection and a supervisor later the only options offered were to send in the device for repair with 1-2 week turnaround time or give them another $375 for Samsung care to get a replacement in a day or two. Given the cost of the phone, the age (less than 4 months old) and the issue which seems to be not so uncommon, I can't say enough how frustrated and disappointed I am with this company. I bought this sMe model for my kid (noissue sofatbut fingers crossed) and have recommended it repeatedly, which I am now beginning to regret.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MUV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Update: I took the phone to ubreakifix. They estimated two hrs. After nearly 4 I was told that the screen was replaced, under warranty. Unfortunately the rear panel was cracked during the process and it took 3 days to get the phone back, but ultimately still better than mailing the phone in. Two months later all is still good. Highly recommend ubreakifix if you need warranty repair....they took care of everything with no charge at all.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Did u buy it from Samsung or a phone service? If not why not warranty replacement?
0 Likes
Bratheretostay
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I have problem with new phone have to send back to company for repair I have owned nothing but samsungs now I am reconsidering
0 Likes
user6ANdBqmS7j
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Me as well.  I have been very happy with my previous Samsung devices and have had them since my first phone.  I even purchased a refurbished one that lasted me for two years!  Good Luck to you!

0 Likes
user6ANdBqmS7j
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I purchased mine in October of 2021.  Upon receipt there was a second black dot that I assumed was just another camera dot.  Low and behold, the pixels are ruined and the dot is getting larger.  I ordered mine on the AT&T online site.  I have Protect advantage insurance and support for 14/month.  I have been told that it should be a warranty replacement since less than 12 months old.  No matter who I deal with, not one will take ownership for the defective item.  I have had much the same experiences as you and the latest was on the phone with Samsung and demanded to speak to a supervisor.  Well, all of the supervisors were "engaged" in other duties (yes, that is exactly what I was told,) and they said they would have a supervisor call me in a half hour.  That was an hour ago.  Fed up and seriously planning on switching my service provider, brand of phone and refusing to pay for insurance again.  I paid 1,117.00 out right for this phone... What BS!  Good luck to all being worked over by these corporations!

0 Likes
Solution
MUV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Update: I took the phone to ubreakifix. They estimated two hrs. After nearly 4 I was told that the screen was replaced, under warranty. Unfortunately the rear panel was cracked during the process and it took 3 days to get the phone back, but ultimately still better than mailing the phone in. Two months later all is still good. Highly recommend ubreakifix if you need warranty repair....they took care of everything with no charge at all.
userg14KOnjLnx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I bought the Z-flip 3 in September, 2021.  Our family was considering additional folding phones, but thought we should be assured of the quality of the folding screen before getting multiples.  Thank goodness we did.  Last Saturday, I retrieved my phone from the car and checked my email.  Five minutes later I went to check my texts and the lower section of the screen was dark green and the top displayed my normal screen.  The phone would not respond to anything we tried.  Would not shut down, tried a hard shut down, and found it would not respond to any screen touches.  I took the phone to our carrier and they looked and tried to find damage..."did you drop it?. Did it get water in it?"  All the usual questions.  I was then told by the people at my carriers location that they did not have any replacement phones and I should call customer service or could check with other stores to see if they had replacements.  I called customer service and was asked the same questions and they told me they would warranty the phone out and did I want regular or express service.  Express was 2 day delivery for $14.99, so I ordered express.  When I received the email confirmation of the order, the phone is expected to ship between 9/19/2022 and 10/10/2022!  That's over a month away!  I called back to customer service to confirm and they informed me that new phones are in demand and that is just how long it will take. 

I then tried to contact Samsung's repair center where I live and help for almost 2 hours and still did not get anyone to pick up.  I then tried to schedule an appointment to repair a non-responsive screen, and we all the way to mid-December and it still showed no appointments available...**bleep**.  

After reading several other posts on various websites, I am not confident about getting a warranty replacement.  There are many horror stories about the flip and fold with cracks, obviously along the folded part and no apparent damage on the exterior and Samsung or whomever handles the claims saying the phone has physical damage that caused the screen to crack.  Excuse me?  How does no exterior physical damage to the outside of the phone cause the back of the screen inside of the phone to get damaged and just coincidentally along the fold of the screen?  Obviously a manufacturing defect IMO.    

0 Likes