cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Weird dent z flip

My Galaxy z flip already has a very very small dent in the glass... I have never seen glass dent before. And it's really small like the size of a finger nail. I haven't even had this phone a week and it's already dented on the screen...

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Weird dent z flip

They said that theres a "protective layer" over the "glass" but I dont think the screen is actually glass at all so that could be why its dented

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

The screen is glass, but there is a plastic protective film over it (DO NOT try removing it!), so it will no doubt cause some confusion. Having a glass screen helps with clarity and image quality, but it shouldn't be assumed that it's as durable as a Gorilla Glass 6 phone screen. The plastic protective layer is much softer and can get scratched. It might be a good thing it happened now @Samsung_flipz, as you can still return the device and get something else if this is a deal breaker for you. A foldable phone in 2020 definitely still requires some extra care.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Constellation

@geno... Do you work for Samsung or are you a mod for them? The reason why I ask, is because is that Samsung offical stance that if they don't think I'm careful with my phone that I should pick a different product? I don't think you know what your talking about. I'm not trying to be mean, but you are way left field, I am very careful with my phone, I never once said I was picking at the screen, I said the phone screen is dented on the upper middle about the size of a finger nail. It's really weird, my phone had it's case on it since day one and it is very well loved, I love this phone. I really feel this needs to be posted so more people that get this phone will have a support page to go to not to be told they are not careful enough and should buy a different phone

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Samsung_flipz wow so sorry to hear about your new Z Flip screen! I can understand why you're upset about the damage. 😭

As Geno stated, there is a protective layer over the screen that is extremely fragile. Even fingernails can technically cause marks or dents. Foldable screens are the hot new things, and are definitely very cool. The durability will slowly get better as time goes on. In the meantime though, these phones needs special attention and care when it comes to use and handling.

Last I heard, Samsung is offering a 1 time discount on screen repair. It's up to you to decide what works best for you and your lifestyle. 

P.S. - we Samsung Care Ambassadors are normal users, just like you, who have been recognized as being helpful and knowledgeable with Samsung devices. We don't officially work for Samsung. 🙂

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Samsung_flipz wrote:

@geno... Do you work for Samsung or are you a mod for them? The reason why I ask, is because is that Samsung offical stance that if they don't think I'm careful with my phone that I should pick a different product?

Neither, and I didn't say "pick a different phone if you can't be careful", I simply said it might not be a bad thing to find out about it's limitation now, while you can still make a choice.

I don't think you know what your talking about. I'm not trying to be mean, but you are way left field, I am very careful with my phone, I never once said I was picking at the screen, I said the phone screen is dented on the upper middle about the size of a finger nail. It's really weird, my phone had it's case on it since day one and it is very well loved, I love this phone. I really feel this needs to be posted so more people that get this phone will have a support page to go to not to be told they are not careful enough and should buy a different phone

I never said you damaged the phone. But it's important to understand, that these foldable screens are not as durable as regular phone glass. So there will be more scratches and even dents, there is no way around it. For many people it's not a problem, and for many others, like myself, it is. It just sounded from your post like it was a total surprise, and I don't blame you... When Samsung makes a big deal out of the fact that this it foldable glass, we all assume it's as durable as glass, but it's clearly not.

It's still an amazing phone, but it DOES require more care. It's not me saying you're not careful, or to buy a different phone, but I feel it needs to be posted so people don't expect it to be something it isn't.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1