JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Z Flip 3 Battery Drain

(Topic created: 05-14-2022 08:16 AM)
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I factory reset my Z Flip 3 on Wed (5/4). My battery is now draining much faster in both stanby and screen on usage. The Samsung Members Diagnostics say battery is normal, and it charges at normal rates via cable and wireless. The AOD is showing as what is eating ip the battery. I have set the AOD to the same settings as before the restore, so that is not different from what I can tell. Is this due to my phone having to relearn my usage patterns, or is something wrong? The battery care section says still learning patterns at the moment. Im a bit concerned and unhappy. 
8 Replies
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
With the z flip 3 inwouldnt recommended having the AOD on. With the small battery it already has battery draining with the 120 refresh rate. Try turning on auto brightness in the display settings as it will help with the battery lasting longer with the right brightness and have aod left off
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I have always used AOD on lowest light, cover screen on lowest light, and 60 refresh on the screen. This morning at 12am the batter switched from learning to estimate. Now I seem to lose 1% battery every 75 minutes just from AOD. I feel like this was the same or better before the reformat. We'll see how it goes now that its calibrated.
NDJollyMon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
My Z Flip 3 is doing the same thing. You can sit and watch the percentage go down click by click. Not an app doing it. It even Drops to zero overnight after a full charge in Airplane mode! Never did this a month ago. Had this phone since it came out without an issue. Tried every battery-saving tip and no Bueno. Has to be an update issue??? Help Samsung!
Bob---------49niners
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Hey guys, I have had the Galaxy Flip 3 phone for a while and understand that the battery drains VERY quickly and wanted to if my experience is the exception or the rule.

I usually charge my phone at night to 100% and in the morning, let's say 10 hours later, the battery is down to 85% meaning that it drained (degraded) about 15% in 10 hours while it was not in use.

I checked with Samsung support and they said that this is normal and wanted to check with other end users, if it is in fact, normal?

Thanks guys

Bob

0 Likes
smbj_1005
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Same thing happening to my S22U. When I check the battery log, the cause is Always on display. AOD uses 12% of the battery the whole night.
0 Likes
DarkPhox
Sun
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
The flip 3 does have a pretty small battery in it too
My brother had one for a little bit and it drained about that much over night
0 Likes
Bob---------49niners
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Thanks guys, I believe that the Flip 3 has 2 batteries, one for when it is folded and another in the normal (upright) position so there is not much real estate for larger batteries.

Anyway, it is what it is and I definitely like the convenience of being able to fold the phone.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Hello, I know how frustrating battery drain is. Some things that can help with Battery optimization, if you're just having a battery draining issue, is the following:

Optimize Apps:http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001388/

If you're receiving an overheating message check out the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00079037/ 

If you've tried troubleshooting above, when it comes to problems overheating or exorbitant drain to the battery, repairs would be recommended. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For international customers, please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes