JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Z Flip 3 Flashlight shortcut

(Topic created: 08-30-2021 08:25 PM)
vheissu44
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I don't know of anyone from Samsung looks through here, but I figured I'd throw this out there.  I just got my Z flip 3 today and I love it, but just like with my original Flip there's no way to turn on the flashlight without opening the phone. This seems crazy to me especially with the new larger outer display with lots of interactable features like the ringer control and brightness adjustment. I really would love to see the flashlight added to the brightness adjustment panel, or even just added as a widget to toggle the flashlight on and off. I use the flashlight feature so often it just makes sense to me to have it available as quickly as possible. I maybe change my ringer settings twice a week, I use the flashlight multiple times a day. 
4 Replies
userabznM1XV8Y
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Completely agree with you on that one. Got the Flip 3 a few days ago and would say that the widget panel has a lot of potential. Wouldn't even mind if the double press enabled the flashlight, while the camera was put in the widget menu. 

0 Likes
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Solution
userxCHQ3aASRO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I figured how to turn on the flashlight with your phone closed. Here is a screen shot of the steps.

Step 1: Settings
Step 2: display
Step 3: Look for something else (bottom of screen) choose 'Side Key'
Step 4: Choose Open app< Flashlight
Step 5: close phone..double click Side button and flash should turn on..double click again to turn it off

I HOPE THIS HELPS
userxCHQ3aASRO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Screen shot of stepsScreenshot_20210902-012936_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210902-012954_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210902-013007_Settings.jpg