JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Z flip 4 international version

(Topic created: 01-10-2023 11:36 AM)
zuzana
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Want to buy samsung flip 4 SM-721B international version but in Samsung store Miami I have been told, the phone will not work with at@t, its only for outside US. 
It doesn't make sence to me, in 2023 phones are not made for whole world? Why it will not work in US? Can someone explain to me? Dont want to buy and then go to process of returning if its true. Thank you
0 Likes
6 Replies
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Some countries have different frequencies that don't match the US
While you might be able to use it to make calls and send texts you might not be able to use data
It also depends on what international version you get
Certain ones are designed to work specifically for thay County
0 Likes
zuzana
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
So its version B, same as is sold in Czech republic, does this phone will work here in US with At@t? They say its version for latino country but has B letter in model same as in czech rep. I have all international versions and those works here just fine. Why they say it will not work with at@t.
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Cause different frequencies that's all I know. Buying an international phone is a risk cause it might not work or will partly work in the US
0 Likes
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
A U/U1 phone can only work with US, USVI, & Puerto Rico operators, not with operators from other countries (i.e., Canada, Czech Republic, UK, etc.), even after a network unlock, as shown. The Network Unlock option in Settings only unlocks the phone for use with operators in the same country where the phone was purchased from (for N, U/U1, and W variants), even though the phone may have the bands to work on overseas networks.photo_2022-03-14_15-22-25_198787_1661832915.jpg
0 Likes
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
You know what would work the best? Supporting more display languages (particularly on the KOO, XAR, and XAC CSCs) and dropping the model suffix, of course, just like on our tablets!
(SM-S918U1 and SM-S918B would become just SM-S918. We want only ONE CSC code per country/region, regardless of the number of carriers each country has.)

If this is successful, a possible model number for the S23 Ultra in the USA would be SM-S918NLBAXAR (Sky Blue). We want to place our bets on the full model number.
(XAA is not a good fit due to the updates not being as frequent. XAR is more consistent and fits perfectly in the OXM CSC, as shown.)Screenshot_20230110_194839_Settings.png
0 Likes
Solution
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Older devices used to work on international networks, but not anymore. As of now, there are two options when traveling:
• Keep your current phone and purchase an international plan
• Use a local SIM card for that country and buy a phone for use in that particular region, as shown below (the latter only if necessary)

SINGLE REGION PHONES
• N: Korea
• U/U1: USA, US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico
• W: Canada

MULTI REGION PHONES
• B: Europe, Russia, Ukraine, CIS
• 0: China, Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan
• E: Mexico, Brazil, Latin America, Israel, Turkey, South Africa, Middle East & North Africa, India, Asia Pacific