With the way this phone was designed it falls short on its ability to mitigate heat. Due to the folding screen it is my opinion that insufficient insulation is the true culprit. As a resident of Arizona where the heat reaches offensive levels on a normal basis this phone Overheats at the mere pressure of recording a video, or answering a call, or even using google maps. This is an issue that I truly hope they find a remedy for, because without this critical flaw this phone is a marvelous creation.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hello, We understand how frustrating it is when the phone is overheating.
Whether you're using a phone, tablet, smartwatch, or earbuds, all Galaxy devices have a set temperature range, where they operate at their best. While they may feel warm under certain conditions, like charging, this does not affect the device's lifespan or performance. However, if your devices get too warm, it could cause some issues. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00076952/ You can also try clearing the cache partition of the phone.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, then press and hold the Side key.
- When the green Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Side key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Side key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Side key to restart the device.
If your phone is getting too warm to touch, repairs would be recommended in order to have the technicians evaluate the device. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.
For service outside of the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.