Original topic:

Zflip3 screen stays on when closed, burns battery out.

(Topic created: 09-18-2021 10:26 AM)
Mercusio
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I have the Samsung leather case. When I close the phone, the screen stays on all the time. Shouldn't it go out?
0 Likes
6 Replies
MutatedRam
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Have you checked on the display timeout setting to make sure it's set to turn off
0 Likes
Mercusio
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I don't know where that setting is (always on maybe?), but rebooting it fixed the issue for now. I read another post that it's an issue.
0 Likes
MutatedRam
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Awesome it's under the display setting
0 Likes
drewgaren
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
A reboot should fix the issue, if that doesn't fix it, manually restart, if that doesn't fix it let the battery drain and recharge.
0 Likes
AlanS1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Was the reboot a permanent fix? I've encountered this issue on my new Flip3 several times the past few days and have to reboot each time to re-gain proper function. It suddenly fails to recognize the flip is closed, with main screen remaining lit and the small outside screen remains dark and non-responsive.

0 Likes
Mercusio
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
This was before I had my screen warranty replaced. Apparently the magnets that make that nice little snap happen were overpowered and rupture my screen from the inside. Samsung service center replaced in 2 days - I was lucky we had one local... they said otherwise it's several weeks.
0 Likes