JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cover screen selfie not working

(Topic created: 11-22-2020 03:39 PM)
KowalskiTG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

On my Z Flip, double pressing the power button no longer activates selfie mode while closed, the screen blinks black for a second then does nothing, when I open the phone the camera app opens though. I can turn the outer display on with the phone open also. Is there a setting for this somewhere I accidentally hit? I can't find any settings for the cover display anywhere!

13 Replies
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

For questions or concerns regarding your Z Flip it is necessary to contact Premier Services directly by calling 1-888-970-3653 or visiting this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/galaxy-z-premier-service/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Rob Kalinsky
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I have the same problem with my Z Flip 5G on T-Mobile. Software is up-to-date.

KowalskiTG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I guess its not the biggest deal as I've never actually needed to use it, only to show off the phone to people. unrelated, but the app 'torchie' let's you activate the flashlight while it's closed by hitting both volume buttons. should have been a stock feature!
0 Likes
Rob Kalinsky
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I am the same - I have never used the selfie camera anyway. It just bothers me that it will not work.

I will check out 'torchie'. Thank you!

Solution
Members_P06RIBK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Hi!I had the same problem. To fix this, go to settings, then search in settings 'side key' and then click 'side key advanced features' then once in advanced features, click the first button called 'side key' and you will see that your double press has been switched to something other than 'quick launch camera.' Once you select quick launch camera for double press, you'll be able to finally use your front screen camera. Make sure u give it a second after double pressing otherwise pressing sporadically over and over won't make it pop up. Hope that helps!

Kd82
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Thank you for your instructions. It worked.
0 Likes
Romanelli
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
change the setting
0 Likes
KowalskiTG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
where is there a setting for it? I can't find any