JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Overheating when wireless charging

(Topic created: 09-30-2021 01:36 PM)
user3wfMdYN5UM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

My new Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G overheats when I charge it wirelessly.  It does not heat up when plugged into a wired charger.  I've called Samsung and they are no help at all.  Any solutions for this issue?  I've tried it when turned off, and in safe mode, nothing works.  Samsung wants me to take it to UbreakIfix but they want to take it apart and it will lose its water resistance.  I want Samsung to send me a new Z Flip 3 to allow me to transfer everything and send them the old one back.  they want me to send it in and have no phone for weeks while they look at it.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I understand how upsetting this is. However, the warranty is a repair-only warranty. This means the phone will have to either be provided to uBreakiFix for repairs or shipped to the service center. Unfortunately, Samsung does not offer loaner devices during service or replacement devices. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

5 Replies
FlyShai83
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

try to disable the wireless fast charging, usually wireless charging does produce more heat, especially wireless fast charging and on top of that this phone is very thin...

Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Every phone I charge using wireless charger, especially if it is fast one, heats up considerably more than wired charging, unless wired is like 65W. Any replacement you receive will heat up. That's just how it works. What do you mean by Overheating? Does it display some kind of message? Or you just feel like it shouldn't get warm?
0 Likes
user3wfMdYN5UM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Sorry I tried disabling the wireless fast charging and it did not help.  I also tried three different wireless charges, one was a Samsung trio, and no difference between them.  It might be a defective wireless charging coil but i can't get Samsung to agree to send me a new phone and cannot be without my phone for the weeks necessary to send it in and get it back.

Whatsinth3box
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I'd put my money that you might be a little over protective of your device. I have a stand wireless charger and it has a built in fan. No issues of heat anymore. As stated, wireless charging produces more heat than standard plug in. Good luck
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I understand how upsetting this is. However, the warranty is a repair-only warranty. This means the phone will have to either be provided to uBreakiFix for repairs or shipped to the service center. Unfortunately, Samsung does not offer loaner devices during service or replacement devices. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.