cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Connectivity issues with PS4 pro and q90t

Ok here's my problem. I just received a 2020 Q90t 55in and love the tv so far. However, my issue is when I play my PS4 pro. Everytime I play a HDR game, and sometimes non hdr, I lose connectivity with the Samsung remote. The red light flashes but I'm unable to change the volume, if I can get the Samsung menu to open, it's very laggy and usually freezes. Then the only option I have is to hold down the power button on the Samsung remote for a few seconds, which seems to reboot the tv. It will initially work after that but after a couple minutes, I'm back to square one with no response. 

ive tried different HDMI ports, run the self diagnosis through the tv, and device care and everything is good. Got a new HDMI 4K/8k cable still doesn't work. I'm assuming it's not the cable because the picture is fine. It seems like it makes the tv software go haywire as I lose control of the volume and Samsung menu. Any suggestions? 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Connectivity issues with PS4 pro and q90t

I'm sorry to hear that, so that I may look into this can I have your full model number and current software version number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungCaleb wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that, so that I may look into this can I have your full model number and current software version number? 

Sure. 
model number: qn55q90tafxza

Software Version: 1113

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

It seems your TV is up to date, and does this occur with any other external devices or just your PS4? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungCaleb wrote:

It seems your TV is up to date, and does this occur with any other external devices or just your PS4? 

So far only my PlayStation 4 pro that I've noticed. I will try my Xbox one x and see if the problem is with that as well.  Also,  a few times when I start a game and hdr turns on (mlb the show 20) the screen turns completely red. When this happens, I have to shut down both tv and PS4, however, it still happens intermittently. Not sure if I just got a bad tv or not. 

btw, I'm coming from a Samsung ks8000 and Samsung q80r and never had this problem before. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

How is everything connected? I would recommend connecting the consoles directly to the television and then use ARC for the sound bar. Were you able to check the Xbox to see if the symptom persists?