Constellation

Samsung HMD Odyssey+ headset mic does not work

Samsung HMD Odyssey+ headset

Windows 10 1803

I7 CPU 16mb RAM

Asus gaming 270F motherboard

Asus 1080TI video card

EVO SSD 970 hard drive

This headset mic does not work no matter what I have tried. It was working at my other house. Now I set it all up at the new location and MIC doesn't work. Everything else works fine in RecRoom and VR Chat.

1. Rebooted many times.

2. Reconnect Samsung Odyssey WRM headset while PC is on.

3. Disable / re-enable "Realtek USB2.0 Audio" device.

4. Download and install the latest RealTek 2.0 USB drivers.

5. Check audio level menu's for MUTE and levels.

6. Disabled and removed the "Screaming Bee Audio" mic device used by MorphVOX Pro voice changer.

7. Changed USB port location for Windows Mixed Reality headset USB cable. No extensions on cable used. Two USB ports on the back of PC I tried. One of them was working 100% fine for a year before.

8. Device Manager: "Mixed Reality Devices" displays Samsung Odyssey WRM headset 800ZBA

9. Task Manager: Memory 9gb our of 16gb used

10. Task Manager: average 50% CPU load

11. No 3rd party USB adapters. Only using the back 4 USB ports for Mouse, Keyboard, USB WiFI adapter and the Odyssey headset.

12. Confirmed that the PRIVACY settings is all set to ON for all applications and the MIC io is set to ON.

13. STEAM Options: Playback and Record Devices are set for the "Realtek USB2.0 Audio" choice.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung HMD Odyssey+ headset mic does not work

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Windows Mixed Reality software?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userxp8sQWChlc
Constellation

Actually, no, I have not tried to tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Windows Mixed Reality software. I will attempt that tonight. The thing is, I have not used my Headset in 6 months. I did check Windows Update before I did anything..

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please let us know if reinstalling helps with this issue.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userxp8sQWChlc
Constellation

Unfortunately, that didn't fix the problem. I tried twice. Went to the "Device Manager" and removed the device then did it again with the option to remove the driver. With the Headset connected to the computer.  Then I removed the headset and rebooted. Then connected the headset again. The computer automatically installed the device and driver. Still not sound. I open the sound device menu to see the list of microphones and confirmed that the "Realtek USB2.0 Audio" device is the default and active microphone. There is a soundbar volumne graphic next to it and it never responds to any activity. 

I have not tried to go into the Applications menu and "un-install" any applications. Is that what you want me to do as well?

Maybe try this: 

OpenVR_advancedsettings (https://github.com/matzman666/OpenVR-AdvancedSettings) which will give you an interface inside of SteamVR to change the audio device while in-game.

Once installed I get to it by pressing the left stick in SteamVR, (EDIT) select Advanced Settings in the row of circles along the bottom, (/edit) then select Audio from the buttons on the left. On that tab you can set the output audio device as well as a number of other settings.

Highlighted
userxp8sQWChlc
Constellation

OK, It magically started working, I re-installed the following:

OpenVR_advancedsettings

Mixed Reality app

I also deleted another voice changer app

Launched OpenVR _Advanced setting while in STEAM and confirmed all the Audio devices. Rebooted. Then I was able to speak out loud "SELECT" and it face cursor launch everything I was pointing at. Works. Whew, that was alot of re-installing.

Thanks for all the help.