Original topic:

Samsung Q80R says Xbox isn't powered on but it is

(Topic created on: 2/20/21 5:13 PM)
user9NW2tv5lPh
Asteroid
Options
Gamer

I've had a problem with this tv since I got it about a year ago. Go to the menu and select the Xbox button, that turns on the console. Go to the game controller, select a game, game starts to load, then the tv displays a screen saying the device isn't powered on. But it clearly is.

That screen will sit there for many minutes. Sometimes it will eventually clear itself and recognize that the Xbox is powered on. Other occasions when it's obvious it's not going to clear, you hit "on" using the tv controller and of course it powers the Xbox off. Then you have to repeat the process all over again.

Using the Xbox controller to get into an app like Peacock, everything works fine, no problems. But a game, starts this "device not powered on" thing. So something either in the Xbox is telling the tv that it has no power, or the tv drops connection to the Xbox when a game start loading.

0 Likes
6 Replies
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gamer

Which software version is running on the television.  Have you switched over to High Speed HDMI cables for the console?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user9NW2tv5lPh
Asteroid
Options
Gamer

How do I check to see which software version is running on the television? I've seen suggestions about going to settings then support but I don't have a support option in my settings.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gamer

Go to menu > support > contact Samsung.  The most recent version is 1374.0.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user9NW2tv5lPh
Asteroid
Options
Gamer

It is 1374. 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gamer

Are you still using the original HDMI cables?  

0 Likes
user9NW2tv5lPh
Asteroid
Options
Gamer

No I've used high speed HDMI cables for the console for a long time now.  

0 Likes