Soundbar

(Topic created on: 5/27/21 9:00 AM)
user1FVmAxcecp
Asteroid
Options
Gamer

Samsung T550 Soundbar & Subwoofer.

Hi,

I bought a Samsung Wireless Soundbar & Subwoofer three weeks ago and have repeatedly had issues with the audio dropping out at unexpected times while watching tv, listening to music on it and playing PlayStation. I have made sure all cables are firmly plugged into the soundbar & subwoofer. I bought a high quality HDMI cable which helped resolve the lip sync issue I had. I also bought a optical cable for it which actually helped the audio issue a lot until today when it started to become intermittent again. The audio drops out at unexpected times and there is no obviously explanation for why this is happening. I have run out of ideas on how to fix this problem. I paid a lot of money towards this sound system and think it complements my home really well and it sounds amazing when it works! Should I return the product and get it replaced?

Thanks

Jamie

0 Likes
6 Replies
Adaboy
Red Giant
Options
Gamer
Could it be the Tv not cooperating with the sound bar? I have two Samsung sound bars. The first I bought cut in and out on the samsung TV in the bedroom. I moved it to the living room and no problems with that tv. I bought a second sound bar for the bedroom and it works great.
user1FVmAxcecp
Asteroid
Options
Gamer

Hiya

I have a LG TV 43 inch 4K TV and I’ve modified the settings on my tv a number of times to connect it to the soundbar. I’m sure I’ve got it on the HDMI/Optical setting on sound mode.

0 Likes
Adaboy
Red Giant
Options
Gamer
Return it and try and LG sound bar for compatibility.
0 Likes
user1FVmAxcecp
Asteroid
Options
Gamer

I returning it tomorrow in store. LG soundbar is tinny apparently so the store recommended Samsung. I like it but it seems broken :( 

0 Likes
Adaboy
Red Giant
Options
Gamer
LG has 3 different sound bars with subs. Look online to compare.
0 Likes
user1FVmAxcecp
Asteroid
Options
Gamer

There’s only a couple of LG Soundbars in  my price range. The Samsung I got should work with my tv. I’m going to get it properly tested tomorrow.

0 Likes