11-16-2017 06:10 PM
Hi there @userYxhiFBG42V We can't speculate on any unannounced updates or features but if you'd like more information, I would recommend reaching out to Google support.
01-26-2018 01:52 PM - edited 01-26-2018 01:55 PM
This is very disappointing. I was excited to receive a 2017 Gear 360 with my Note 8 purchase. However, once I discovered that I can't use it with Google Streetview, I lost interest, and haven't used it since. Hopefully there will be an update for this model to support this (assuming it's by-design in the software, and won't require a hardware update).
08-02-2018 08:03 AM
The newest firmware (R210GLU0ARB2) allows connecting directly to Street View.
1. Make sure there's an SD card in the camera. Power it on.
2. Hold the Menu button (long press) until it says "connect to Android" (or connect to something).
3. Quick press the menu button until is says "Connect to Sreet View".
4. Press the capture/record button, or just wait. The camera's connect light will flash (blue/green/orange) and it will make a clicking noise. If this stops, pairing has timed out. The camera will display "Gear 360 (xxxx)" followed by an 8-digit number. That number is the camera's wifi password.
5. Open streetview on your phone. Tap on the camera icon, then "Link to external 360 camera".
6. Street View will attempt to connect, then say "camera not found". From here, there's an option to "Connect to Camera's Wi-Fi". Select this.
7. It will open a standard Wi-fi connection window. The camera's Wi-Fi ends in .osc. Select this, then enter the 8 digit number displayed on the camera as the password. It should connect.