JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear 360 (2017) won't charge/turn on

(Topic created: 07-18-2018 12:39 PM)
user04tBTyvEs2
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My new Gear 360 arrived yesterday. I installed a memory card, then plugged the camera in with the included USB cable and my Samsung charger. The manual said to let it fully charge, so I left it plugged in overnight. This morning I tried to power up the device, but there is no response whatsoever. No lights, no display, nothing. I know the charger is good because it charges my S7 just fine. The manual isn't very detailed, so I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

161 Replies
user8qiyR8Y5kh
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
It worked for me ! Thank You !
0 Likes
userSl4Y5ob9hN
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thanks, problem solved! 

0 Likes
useryeMvysV2k4
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Update I was expecting a quick reply via samsung with an email so I can return my faulty cam for a new one.   I contacted customer support through promotions and was told today it would take up to 48hr meaning at least 6 days before I got a reply..........NOT happy with Samsung Customer Service.  I was excited to get the new 360 cam and try it out but if the Cams have issues then whats in store for all us new Note 8 users.????????????

@usersJqunbvV3l wrote:

Hi dear !

I have the same prblm with the new Samsung gear 360….The solution it so easy, just use a power bank to charging the Gear & it going to back in life…

Good luck bud Smiley Happy

0 Likes
userIa9Z4itoRA
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

i did the same, and it worked thaks mate, 

0 Likes
useru8UkYmIoCR
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello to all the community 

I would like to know how to charge the gear 360 

I was able to use it and charge it, but now after some while of no usage it doesnt start or recognises the power not even a red light 

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

You cannot charge the Samsung Gear 360(2017) while recording a video, using the time lapse feature, or using the viewfinder remotely on the connected mobile device. This is intentional to write better images/videos and maintain system stability.

If the Auto turn off function is disabled, charging is disabled to prevent overheating and damage. While charging, the Samsung Gear 360(2017) and the charger may heat up. This is normal and should not affect the Samsung Gear 360's lifespan or performance.

If the battery temperature rises above a certain level, battery charging will be stopped. Using a power source other than the charger, such as a computer, may result in a slower charging speed due to a lower electric current. And, please use only Samsung-approved chargers, batteries, and cables.

0 Likes
user6aHX9UM8EE
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same problem

0 Likes
userJ8GI8SlZyu
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I also have same problem. Not able to reach out to customer service.

0 Likes
user0sRcHb7L5T
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Make sure memory card is empty.
0 Likes
userLtsbdyIBYe
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

This happened to me last night and I rebooted my tablet and the charge indicators came right on and started charging. 

0 Likes