Gear 360 (2017) won't charge/turn on

Asteroid

Gear 360 (2017) won't charge/turn on

My new Gear 360 arrived yesterday. I installed a memory card, then plugged the camera in with the included USB cable and my Samsung charger. The manual said to let it fully charge, so I left it plugged in overnight. This morning I tried to power up the device, but there is no response whatsoever. No lights, no display, nothing. I know the charger is good because it charges my S7 just fine. The manual isn't very detailed, so I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

140 REPLIES
Astronaut

Re: Gear 360 (2017) won't charge/turn on

Same thing happening here. I'm wondering if theres a bad batch of batteries for cameras out there. **bleep** was so looking forward to using this today.

Astronaut

Same problem here.

Asteroid

I found that my Gear 360 *will* charge when connected to my laptop — it fully charged and I'm able to use it. Would still be nice to just plug it into an outlet, though...

Constellation

Same problem for me. Is there no ffedback from Samsung?

Constellation

Whattype of computer are you using?
Asteroid

I did finally contact Samsung support. Their only suggestion was to try a different charger (which I did, even though I knew the charger was good), so I returned the 360. Its replacement should be arriving soon. Hopefully the last one was just a lemon.

Asteroid

Mac.

Astronaut

I have exactly the same problem. I tried the Samsung s7 charger then about 3 other types, none worked. I just plugged it into my Mac and Its charges. Now I'm happy it charges, but it's not practical to charge it via my Mac everytime. Samsung please can you provide further information on this issue?

Constellation

Yeah, right ... Samsung will provide more information. As it was refusing in the begining to ack the issue with battery on Note 7,  or with screen calibration on S8 (pinkish or bluish tinit).
No, it's not a lemon - it's a known quality control issues.