JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear 360 (2017) won't charge/turn on

(Topic created: 08-03-2017 09:51 AM)
user04tBTyvEs2
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My new Gear 360 arrived yesterday. I installed a memory card, then plugged the camera in with the included USB cable and my Samsung charger. The manual said to let it fully charge, so I left it plugged in overnight. This morning I tried to power up the device, but there is no response whatsoever. No lights, no display, nothing. I know the charger is good because it charges my S7 just fine. The manual isn't very detailed, so I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
161 Replies
Jimscard
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I ended up plugging mine into a USB battery that I had that has a switch. Suddenly, there was a noise and the charge light was on.

Now it's plugged into one of the Samsung fast chargers that I have, and it seems to be charging. Must be an initial charge cycle bug or something. 

0 Likes
userQEeaDuziKQ
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Count me in. Received mine yesterday. Tried the steps you guys posted but it did nothing. But I believe it's fully charged. Only time I see the menu screen is for a second when I plug it in. So if I be press the be power button it beeps a blue light comes on. Then nothing. Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
userqjnemrNuob
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

So opened up new Gear 360 camera and same issue. I tried seveal different usbs on verious laptops. Eventually the light came on, after that the thing decideds that the wall chatger will work. Could it be that this thing was so dead it need a few extra minutes to get warmed up before the charging started? or is this an actual defect?

0 Likes
userUco80LiQzd
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hopefully I am not just adding to the confusion but mine did eventually start charging again. Plugged it in to the wall charger and into a blue charging USB port on my computer with no luck. In the end I plugged it in to a charger bank and because so many others mentioned holding down the camera button I did so... and sure enough it lit up and started charging. I banged it repeated on the base as well but not sure if that was at all related. 

Unsure of what it was in the end but I would say this, don't give up. It does seem possible to recover charging functionality.

0 Likes
Five5tarPlaya
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

So I just received my Gear 360 with my note 8 promo and I'm having the same issues as everyone else. I tried plugging it into my HP laptop, Xbox One, Mac book, and power bank and none of them worked. But the moment I tried the "hit the bottom of the device" trick. It actually worked. Not gonna lie. I thought I was being trolled till I lightly slammed the bottom of the device on my tabe while plugged into my Mac book... and it really turned on! LMAOO! You have to be kidding me. What kind of Mickey Mouse organization are you guys running over at Samsung. Love my note 8 Tho!

Llew1747
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Wow!, the very exact thing happened to me just today,

Gear 360 (2017) won't charge/won't power up as well,I installed a memory card, then plugged the camera in with the included USB cable and my Samsung charger. The manual said to let it fully charge, so I left it plugged in overnight. This morning I tried to power up the device, but there is no response whatsoever. No lights, no display, nothing. I know the charger is good because it's the same new one that came with my Gear 2 watch. I'll be contacting SAMSUNG in the New Jersey support that I found on one of the support web page. 
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Take out the sd card before you turn the camera on for the first time. Otherwise it won't stay on and you won't be able to connect to any device using bluetooth. 

0 Likes
RFHavens
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Had the ame issue as everyone else. First I tried the Note wall charger and no luck. Tried same in another socket and no change. Plugged my Note into the same charger to make sure it was godd and it was/ The desktop at work has 2 USB 2.0 and 2 USB 3.0 ports on the front of the HP desktop. Tried from left to right each one. The first three did not do anything. The last one "connected" and showed a notice on the desktop for a new device and sure enough, the chargin indicatter turned red. waited about 15 seconds and unplugged it and plugged back into the Note wall charger and it is now charging.

Of course it really shold not be this way. Not sure why they are shipped with the battery at zero to almost no charge. Mine showed empty.

Hope more of you get yours working. 

0 Likes
dotheDEW82
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I had lots of issues getting mine to charge. I tried every "trick" mentioned and then some... Nothing worked... eventually i got extremely frusterated and was about to give up when all of the sudden the little red charging light came on while it was hooked to my Anker Power Pack. I dont know why that method "magicly" decided to work cause i had already tried it that like 4 times. I guess all im saying is you may wanna keep fiddeling with it almost longer than you can tolorate. SUCH A PAIN!! I just hope this doesnt happen next time i try to charge it.. I try so hard to be loyal to Samsung but they are makeing it difficult. 

0 Likes
user0sRcHb7L5T
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Make sure the memory card is empty.
0 Likes