JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear 360 (2017) won't charge/turn on

(Topic created: 08-03-2017 09:51 AM)
user04tBTyvEs2
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My new Gear 360 arrived yesterday. I installed a memory card, then plugged the camera in with the included USB cable and my Samsung charger. The manual said to let it fully charge, so I left it plugged in overnight. This morning I tried to power up the device, but there is no response whatsoever. No lights, no display, nothing. I know the charger is good because it charges my S7 just fine. The manual isn't very detailed, so I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
161 Replies
userf3K7b5vwyp
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Got mine two days ago. Brand new! Shiny! Sparkling! I was jumping for joy blah blah... dead. As mentioned in other posts I tried everything. Switched cables, connectors, blocks, old laptop, brand new laptop, a desktop, usb2, usb3, slammed it, with microSD, without microSD, holding the power button for 10 seconds, squeezing the h#ll out of it... nothing worked. Since I dont smoke the sigarette lighter in my car is used to charge my phone and I thought... could it be!? OMG it bleeped emmedialty! The light turned on and it was charging! Bizar that a €2,- sigarette lighter adapter does the job that Samsung can't... 

0 Likes
user9pZmFUIlwz
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

It was solved, I used a Power bank with 5vcc/2.4 A USB, and startup led .

0 Likes
Moneyman73
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I had the same problem but finally found a solution.  Check out the following video:  https://youtu.be/N4JATcOGAjU

@user04tBTyvEs2 wrote:

My new Gear 360 arrived yesterday. I installed a memory card, then plugged the camera in with the included USB cable and my Samsung charger. The manual said to let it fully charge, so I left it plugged in overnight. This morning I tried to power up the device, but there is no response whatsoever. No lights, no display, nothing. I know the charger is good because it charges my S7 just fine. The manual isn't very detailed, so I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
RedChelle13
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

SOLVED!! Same thing was happening to me. Finally watched a video on YouTube and found a gentleman that had discovered that you can use the usb to usb type c dongle that comes with the Note 8 to charge the 360!

While the c type end of the cable that came with the 360 is plugged into the camera, plug the usb side of the cord into the dongle, then plug the c type side of the dongle into your note 8 and BOOM! Finally got my camera to charge!! 

Granted, this is a weird, and seriously inconvenient flaw with this product. But I was happy I did not have to return the item!

Here's the video I watched:

https://youtu.be/LKxo-2il72U

I was super annoyed once I received my Samsung Gear 360 Camera, the free gift for preordering the Note 8, and found that I couldn't get it to turn on. After trying most of the steps that I found on Samsung's community forums related to this topic ...
0 Likes
userVwODkiIf5D
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello folks I would like to add my two cents here,

I too had this issue. mine was little different as I had the camera (new gear 360) for some time, in fact it was a early release I bought from Korea. Anyway, love the camera and used it often. As i test numerous cameras this one got shelved and i didnt use it for about 3 months. One day i wanted to do some camparison shots and, nothing! No light , no charging nothing. I found this thread and tried the charge bank and sure enough, after about 5 seconds the red light turned on and I was able to switch to a charger.

I agree with someone elses assumption that is battery related and that they are so depleted that they can not be charged with traditional charger or computer connections. This is probably why the phone tyo-c plug and the charge bank solutions work.

In any event i just wanted to share my observation that i had a perfectly working camera going back to intial release and after a lengthy sotrage it "went to sleep". maybe this can help diagnose the issue.

regards,

Hec

userBTaIZLzg6A
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Plug gear360 into wall charger; If red light does not turn on, Press and hold all 3 buttons until red light comes on. Let it charge and that's how you do it.

0 Likes
Star Guppy
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I fix my problem by digging out every usb charger I have also dug out an OTG adapter so that I could use other gadgets as a charger. The only cable I had was the one that came from samsung. I tried to charge the gear 360 (2017) with every one of them and "Lo  and Behold" on the 10th or 11th charger in worked. The red light charging indicator glowed instantly on the last one I tried. A minute of charging I switch adapters to the Samsung fast charger that came with my S8 galaxy phone......... NOTHING! no red light. Switch back to the other charger and red light came back on. It makes no sense. But now my camera is back working. YAY! Not in the picture is the OTG adapter and the clock radio with the 3 usb charging ports in it. I've tried evrything else. Really. And I got nothing. This is the only thing that worked. White charger is from a cheap windows phone I believe . (I didn't see my original post. So I posted this duplicate)

Detail of charger that brought it to life.Detail of charger that brought it to life.Most of the chargers and devices I tried. The white one worked.Most of the chargers and devices I tried. The white one worked. 

0 Likes
userEyQxckJ9mR
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My Gear 360 (2017) was working fine but after long storage it didn't work nor charge, I looked at some of the solutions on this page and can confirm that if you charge the camera through a computer until the charging light comes on then it will charge normally by wall socket.

0 Likes
userLoWplBlzJf
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Easy fix. After not using my camera for a few month the camera would not turn on. I took out the battery and cleaned the lead on the battery with a cotten cloth. Works fine now.

0 Likes
userVWwJmlgxfh
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Mine actually worked out of the box and charged OK, but have to plug the lead in several times before the light comes on.

However, when I was out and went to use it the third time, it was red hot and would not power-up and won't charge at all anymore!

0 Likes