JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear 360 (2017) won't charge/turn on

(Topic created: 08-03-2017 09:51 AM)
user04tBTyvEs2
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My new Gear 360 arrived yesterday. I installed a memory card, then plugged the camera in with the included USB cable and my Samsung charger. The manual said to let it fully charge, so I left it plugged in overnight. This morning I tried to power up the device, but there is no response whatsoever. No lights, no display, nothing. I know the charger is good because it charges my S7 just fine. The manual isn't very detailed, so I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
161 Replies
user0sRcHb7L5T
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Remove the memory card , and then try to turn it on.

0 Likes
user0sRcHb7L5T
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Make sure the memory card is empty. Then it will charge.

0 Likes
userEQgQnfacqS
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm experiencing the same issue - won't charge or turn on.   I've tried multiple chargers, will try a laptop and see if it works.

0 Likes
userEQgQnfacqS
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Update:

I have two of the devices - both are experiencing the same problem. I spent 2+ hours with support.  They seem to acknowledge there is an issue - First level of suport created a ticket for second level support.  I called the 2nd level support number, provided the newly minted ticket # and was able to get someone on the line by specifically saying "agent" at the automated prompt.  The agent did a search for a Samsung support center in my area but to no avail.  They provided me with two UPS shipping lables (one for each Gear 360 device) for me to send it directly to them.  He indicated it would take 1-2 weeks before my devices will be returned.   If you are having this problem - take it to a local Samsung repair center in your area or calll to open a ticket and have the repair performed via mail.

Sorry for the bad news, but that has been my experience so far.

0 Likes
userdhObXKGYpk
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am Having the same Issue with my gear 360 ,, Nothing on the Display

0 Likes
usernZy5XnvYFW
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Mine just came in today, same thing. No red light with battery bank or multi charger. Will try my laptop and see what happens in ten minutes or so. 😕

0 Likes
Guttermark
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Received mine yesterday with my Note 8 and Sammy wall charger wouldn't work so plugged into usb 2.0 port for like 5 min = nothing so i softly slammed it down on my office desk ON THE BASE and it instantly started working Red led and all. Even after more impacts to test for failures lol.

Been working ever since.

Just wanted to share my experience

userjWE1b0f3SB
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Tried the other suggestions and they didn't work. Your solution of the slight slam on a desk on the base worked. 

0 Likes
userTEusoJ6QLc
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Well, I too was about to return my Gear 360 2017 model because it would not turn on. Then found this message thread (thank you Google) and used my Mac USB port to charge. The first port I tried didn't work, but the second one did. Perhaps I just didn't wait long enough. Clearly one needs to be using a 1 amp or less charger to get it jump started.  And for a lot of people, they probably have 2 amp or greater chargers for their phone, so it's never going to turn on.  For those of you with this problem, you gotta find a low amperage charger. And if that truly isn't working, try the banging it down trick also detailed in this thread - but I didn't have to do that.

0 Likes
Mike Migue
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Worked! Gave it a nice slam on my hardwood floor and boom! Red light and all. Also not to forget to mention, I plugged it into my laptop after the slam.  

I also heard that having a micro SD card inserted should do the trick. As for me, I don't have one just yet, but the slam on the floor got it charging up! Smh Samsung... 

0 Likes