Gear 360 will not turn on.

Highlighted
Constellation

Gear 360 will not turn on.

[ Edited ]

The Gear 360 which I got through the Note 8 promotion, arrived yesterday.  Unfortunately, after 5 hours of charging with different cables/AC adapters, is still refuses to turn on.  From here on, my story gets interesting - at least I hop it serves as a warning to others.

I first tried to create a repair ticket online.  Unfortunately, the system keeps telling me to call the 1800 Samsung numbers.  OK, so I went into the chat option.  In the chat, I am given a number (1-866-888-5503) to call regarding my issues.  So, next I call the number.  At this point I am routed through 4 more people, with the last one informing me that I need to call the E-Commerce line (1-855-726-8721).  When I call in, I am promptly informed that the wait is at least 30 minutes.  Unfortunately, after spending already 30 minutes getting bounced around, I just don't have the time anymore.  So I call the 1800Samsung number like the system wanted me to in the beginning.  After jumping through several selections, I get another person, who must have had a bad connection since we spend the first 10 minutes trying to communicate my call back number.  Since she is unable to understand me (and I have a suspicion that I already talked to someone in her department), I just hanged-up.

So this circus would make a good comedy in a sitcom.  Unfortunately, after almost 40 minutes, I still don't know if I am talking to the right person and who I should contact (never mind getting my problem resolved).  I don't know if I should cry or laugh.  What I do know, is that for all the options Samsung makes available, none of them work.  So, I am still stuck with my non-functioning promotional product (mind you, I bought the lousy Note 8 because of the promotion or I could have gone with the S8), and a bunch of wasted time.  I can now see how Samsung managed to build phones with exploding batteries.  It takes some special skills to create a support system that manages to make me angry, sad, and laughing all at the same time.

If you are still reading this, do yourself a favour and stay away from Samsung (I know, Sony has their own issues).  Looking at the bright side, the Gear 360 is not turning on at all.  That's good I guess, afterall, it could just explode...

2 REPLIES
Asteroid

Re: Gear 360 will not turn on.

There is another thread in this forum with the solution(s).  Either use a 1amp charger for the initial charge or trying banging it down on your desk if the low amperage charger really didn't work.  For me I tried half a dozen chargers before Googling for a solution and finding it here.  Gotta be low power.  You can use your laptop USB port to do the initial charge as well as they are typically low power.  After the initial charge, then any charger seems to work.

Constellation

Re: Gear 360 will not turn on.

There's an 9+ page thread on this exact topic along with about 50% of the first page of this topic area of the forum filled with people giving the solution to the issue. Mine did the exact same thing, but I googled "Gear 360 will not power on" and I arrived at a solution within 2 minutes.