cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't live stream to YouTube with Gear 360 (2017)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@caribez Are you able to live stream from the YouTube app just using the phone's camera, or a different external camera? 

caribez
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. I just tried doing a short live stream using the phone's camera and it worked without any problem.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@caribez I know this isn't how you would want to do your live streams all the time, but just for testing purposes to determine the root of the issue, have you tried to live stream with the 360 camera connected to a PC or another device? 

caribez
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried successfully on a PC laptop.

I have also tried successfully on an iMac running 10.12.4.

I have tried unsuccessfully on a Macbook running mac OS version 10.13.6. The Gear 360 app on this Macbook gives me an error saying "There is no camera connected". 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@caribez Honestly at this point, I believe this may be a compatibility issue between the 360, the iPhone and the YouTube app. I would recommend checking with Apple support to see if they have any further troubleshooting for the phone side of the equation. 

caribez
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I might add that the YouTube app doesn't seem to be involved at all when I try Live streaming on the iPhone. The Gear 360 app opens an in-app browser window to Google's log-in screen. Seems to be something weird going on in the transfer between the app and the browser. I tried this on my girlfriend's phone and the same thing happened there.

Using the Facebook live stream works, for what it's worth. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@caribez Does she have an iPhone as well? I know from a Samsung phone, you can live stream to YouTube, Facebook, or Samsung VR directly from the Gear 360 app, but that feature is not guaranteed to be compatible with non-Samsung devices. 

caribez
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, she's using an iPhone SE. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@caribez At this point we've exhausted all of our troubleshooting. Since the camera is able to function and works with live streaming on other apps / devices, the only other option I could suggest would be checking with Apple. Otherwise it is just a compatibility issue. Please let us know if you're able to find a solution for this. 

Highlighted
caribez
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks. I hope Samsung can find this bug and update the iOS app eventually.