cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caribez
Asteroid

Can't live stream to YouTube with Gear 360 (2017)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having issues starting live streams to Youtube with my Gear 360 when using the iOS App. When I tap the YT-icon, I get a log-in window for Youtube. After entering my account successfully, I just get thrown back to the main menu in the Gear 360 app. If I retry, I have to log in again and the same thing happens. I tried two different YT accounts and same thing happens.

Live streaming from my PC and from iPhone to Facebook works, for what it's worth.

Any ideas? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't live stream to YouTube with Gear 360 (2017)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@caribez At this point we've exhausted all of our troubleshooting. Since the camera is able to function and works with live streaming on other apps / devices, the only other option I could suggest would be checking with Apple. Otherwise it is just a compatibility issue. Please let us know if you're able to find a solution for this. 

19 REPLIES 19

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you verified the YouTube app is up to date? Also, have you tried clearing the cache partition? 

caribez
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJecca wrote:

Have you verified the YouTube app is up to date? Also, have you tried clearing the cache partition? 

Yes I have the latest Youtube version installed, which came today on AppStore. 

When I Googled "clearing cache partition", it seems to be Android specific. I'm using the Gear 360 with an iPhone. If possible, how do I clear that cache on iOS?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can clear the cache for the YouTube app.

1. Tap Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage.
2. In the top section (Storage), tap Manage Storage.
3. Select YouTube.

4. Tap Delete App, then head to the App Store to re-download it. 

caribez
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungGill wrote:

You can clear the cache for the YouTube app.

1. Tap Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage.
2. In the top section (Storage), tap Manage Storage.
3. Select YouTube.

4. Tap Delete App, then head to the App Store to re-download it. 

This did not work unfortunately.

Gn0m3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just tested this with my camera, and the account that worked for me is my Gmail/Youtube account that has been verified and activated for YouTube Live streaming or YouTube Gaming. When i link my camera to my other non-live access accounts it won't stream. 

Go to your youtube account and get your account verified for YouTube Gaming, they will text you a code and it will take 24 hours to active. It's free BTW. 

Good Luck

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Were you able to test the solution @user5iTHYrz2yH presented?

caribez
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungLarry wrote:

@Were you able to test the solution @user5iTHYrz2yH presented?

I have replied twice now but for some reason, my answer doesnt show up.

I went to the Youtube account info, and it says my Live Streaming rights have been revoked for 90 days.

Judging from the support forum, I'm not the only one with this issue. Doesn't seem to be connected to the Gear 360, but I don't have any idea of what could've caused it.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@caribez That is definitely weird! I would suggest reaching out to the YouTube support team to find out why they've blocked your ability to live stream. 

caribez
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, strangely the revoked status is gone and my Youtube account now says "You can live stream".

Sadly, the issue is still there in the Gear 360 iOS app. 

These are the steps I take, in detail.

1. I click the YouTube Live Broadcast option

2. I get to choose between my google accounts. 

3. After clicking my account I get to choose between two options, both have my name in them but under one there's the email adress and under the other one it says YouTube, Google+. I have tried both options here. I have also tried my "personal" account which doesn't have these two kinds of options.

4. After clicking I get sent back to the Gear 360 app, for about half a second I see the UI for Live broadcasting (without any view from the camera) and then it returns to the main menu.