JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear 360 (2017) won't charge/turn on

(Topic created: 09-12-2017 05:50 PM)
user04tBTyvEs2
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My new Gear 360 arrived yesterday. I installed a memory card, then plugged the camera in with the included USB cable and my Samsung charger. The manual said to let it fully charge, so I left it plugged in overnight. This morning I tried to power up the device, but there is no response whatsoever. No lights, no display, nothing. I know the charger is good because it charges my S7 just fine. The manual isn't very detailed, so I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

161 Replies
userdmIgUGZQXy
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same here 😞 I was so excited for it to come today.... I'm hoping the tips provided will help, if not I'll be calling tec  support 

0 Likes
userYg41GuCdu6
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Plug it into a power bank!
userDpGGcCYMRG
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

In the same situation, camera battery was absolutely dead.  I had the same situation with a galaxy gear watch last year after it had been in a drawer for a long time. The battery needs a jump start by using a very low amp charge to wake the battery up.

These are the steps I took to resolve.

The resolution is to plug it into a computer USB port, or a really low amp charger, for about 10 minutes to get the battery to accept a charge.  Then unplug from the computer, and plug the cable into the phone charger. Mine started charging like normal and I was able to turn on and use.  Hope this helps. 

userhsWQZ40L9Y
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
You are correct. You have to use a charge pack to charge the Gear 360... Weird but true & it will turn on and work
0 Likes
Lucky_lefty01
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Received mine yesterday and same story. Tried it all and mine won't charge. Called the promotion number and they transferred to tech support who pretty much said they can't help me. They gave a reference number and I called promotions back they transfer me to advanced support and they gave me a case number. Takes 48 business hours before I get an email from them. Then the second email is my label to send it back. Finally a last email will come and that will be the tracking for my new Gear 360.I received this a week after getting my Note 8 but because of it being defective it will take about 6 weeks to get the new one. After all this I don't even want the  thing. 

0 Likes
user6RLPv7tqU1
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

If laptop USB chargeing doesn't work for you, this might:

Blackweb 10x Portable Battery 20,000 mAh Power Bank https://g.co/kgs/MZ7cb5

Bought one at Walmart. It worked for me straight out of the box.

Once you get the camera charging you can swap it to normal wall charging

0 Likes
ggrant3876
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Mine was doing the same thing, not charging or turning on. Watched a youtube video where the gut plugged it into the note 8 via the dongle enclosed in your note 8 bundle. Plugged it in for a second and then went to a regular usb plug connected to a wall socked and now it's magically charging.
0 Likes
userYg41GuCdu6
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I tried the Power Bank trick and it worked, and I have no idea why. But anyway, plug the charging cable into the camera, then plug the USB end into a power bank. Wait for the charging indicator (red light) to come on. After a few seconds, unplug it and you should be able to plug it into any charger you'd like.  Should not be this difficult! I'm trying to be loyal to Samsung but they are making it extremely hard. 

0 Likes
userM6bcZVcSPu
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Chose the Gear 360 Camera as my gift for pre-ordering my new Galaxy Note 8.  Brand new out of the box same issue with my Gear 360 Camera not powering up.  Won't respond by attempting to charge using the USB C cable with a charging plug, plugging into the USB port on a PC or the USB port on a charging bank...nothing works.  Spoke with Samsung and told I'll receive an e-mail from the Promotions Dept. in 48-72 hours with instructions on exchanging the unit.  Hopefully they'll send a replacement that actually works.

0 Likes
Parm11
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Power bank trick works 

0 Likes